1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The college physics perplexity

1. Oct 9, 2008 #1
    I am an international student trying for undergraduate studies in US(With physics major). I am trying to find a college with good academic and research programs. However, most of the colleges I see seem to be out of my reach(financially and academically). And I am totally confused now.
    If somebody could help me out I would be grateful.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 9, 2008 #2

Where are you from, what research are you looking for, how much money are you willing / able to spend, and what are your grades like?
  4. Oct 9, 2008 #3

Normally I'd say it's not a big deal if you don't go to a school with a ton of research, but as an international student you won't be eligible for many summer research programs in the US. So I'd recommend a big state school - UT Austin, U Illinois Urbana-Champagne, U Washington, University of Arizona, Ohio State, UMass Amherst, U Michigan, UNH Durham, U Virginia, places like that. Probably one of the cheaper options for international students and many have big departments with many researchers.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?