Will the Coming Unified Theory Transform Science and Spirituality?

In summary, the conversation discusses the coming unified theory and provides some thoughts on what it may entail. It is believed that the theory will be a mathematical one, but not rely on highly advanced mathematics. It will be developed by an outsider to the physics community and may challenge conventional understanding. The theory may mark the end of the industrial age and bring a merging of science and spirituality. It will not be communicated using conventional means and there are people who know the details but are not openly sharing them. The main impediment for people understanding this theory is lack of belief in themselves. The conversation then shifts to discussing strange claims like "nothing exists" and how they played a role in Descartes' skeptical inquiry. The speaker then offers their own theory
Bariyon
What are we able to say about the coming unified theory? Here are some of my thoughts.

1. It will be a mathematical theory, but will not make use of highly advanced mathematics. Indeed, knowledge of highly advanced mathematics may be an impediment to its understanding.

2. It will be developed by an outsider to the physics community. After all, physics has had over a century to produce a unified theory, and has failed, not for lack of intellect.

3. Many in the physics community will reject the theory, because it will differ from conventional understanding. It is questionable whether science will be able to accommodate the coming changes. Science may become an outdated institution, left in the wake of progress.

4. Indeed the coming unified theory will mark the end of the "industrial" age and the beginning of an age which is more spiritually inclined.

5. The main challenge will be understanding its implications at the human level. In this sense, it will represent a coming together of science and spirituality. Its understanding and implementation will require poetic ability as well as mathematical ability.

6. The coming theory will not be communicated using conventional means. The communicators will be well versed in prophetic methods.

7. There are people alive on the planet at this moment who know the details of the theory, but have little intention of communicating it openly. They are aware that the theory is available to anyone who has a sincere desire to know it, and a suitable background in mathematics/physics.

8. The main impediment facing people is not lack of intelligence, knowledge or status, but lack of belief in oneself.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you think of the following sentences?

1) Nothing exists!

2) I believe that nothing exists

3) It is possible that nothing may exist afterall.

3) I see, hear, smell and feel nothing, I believe that this is the case, therefore, I know that nothing exists.

Spooky...aren't they? Well, these are all class a-propositions and don't be surprised if you come across them in some wacky philosophical texts. For me, this is frankly an abuse of logic.

Strange claims like these ones were the very things that kick-started Decartes on the project of restoring certainty of reality, if not to the world, at least to himself.

Last edited:
Bariyon said:
What are we able to say about the coming unified theory? Here are some of my thoughts.

1. It will be a mathematical theory, but will not make use of highly advanced mathematics. Indeed, knowledge of highly advanced mathematics may be an impediment to its understanding.

2. It will be developed by an outsider to the physics community. After all, physics has had over a century to produce a unified theory, and has failed, not for lack of intellect.

3. Many in the physics community will reject the theory, because it will differ from conventional understanding. It is questionable whether science will be able to accommodate the coming changes. Science may become an outdated institution, left in the wake of progress.

4. Indeed the coming unified theory will mark the end of the "industrial" age and the beginning of an age which is more spiritually inclined.

5. The main challenge will be understanding its implications at the human level. In this sense, it will represent a coming together of science and spirituality. Its understanding and implementation will require poetic ability as well as mathematical ability.

6. The coming theory will not be communicated using conventional means. The communicators will be well versed in prophetic methods.

7. There are people alive on the planet at this moment who know the details of the theory, but have little intention of communicating it openly. They are aware that the theory is available to anyone who has a sincere desire to know it, and a suitable background in mathematics/physics.

8. The main impediment facing people is not lack of intelligence, knowledge or status, but lack of belief in oneself.

If you think this way, then you should be a philocrat. This is a member of a system devoid of lines that divide institutions. In Philocracy science and religion live and contribute to the world in harmony. But I must warn you, this is a system that places things and institutions into logically consistent relations. Can you be one?

Last edited:
Positing #2 was not meant for this thread ...sorry1

Philocrat said:
What do you think of the following sentences?

1) Nothing exists!

2) I believe that nothing exists

3) It is possible that nothing may exist afterall.

3) I see, hear, smell and feel nothing, I believe that this is the case, therefore, I know that nothing exists.

Spooky...aren't they? Well, these are all class a-propositions and don't be surprised if you come across them in some wacky philosophical texts. For me, this is frankly an abuse of logic.

Strange claims like these ones were the very things that kick-started Decartes on the project of restoring certainty of reality, if not to the world, at least to himself.

Hmmm. How did sentences like these play any role either in Descartes' "Method" or "Meditations". He certainly doesn't mention any sentences like these playing a motivational role in his skeptical inquiry.

How simple is this ?

If strings are the things that tie everything together and they exist in the 11th dimension as a sea of basic strings that have yet to be given form then we as a membraned bubble universe are traveling thru it and redefining the strings to our 3d perceived physically based universe and as we pass over them they revert back to their natural state and so it is for every universe that passes over them the difference being the rate of vibration for each universe affecting what the strings become.

so nothing is the name given to that which exists but hasn't yet been given form

thanx for listening

oh yeah, and how do I know I'm right ?

I think >> I feel >> I believe >> I know >>I AM...right

an improvement on descartes don't you think ?

Hey Bariyon...

Where bouts in NZ are you ? I'm in Christchurch but I get around maybe we could hook up for a coffee and a chat

peace

Bariyon said:

On what basis do you make this claim? The theory will have to be at least as advanced mathematically as existing theories, because it will have to include them as special cases. Don't forget that existing theories are correct in their respective domains of applicability. That won't change with new discoveries.

That's about as rational as saying that "The peak of Mt. Everest will be reached by some guy standing on the ground, and not the guy who is already half way up the mountain. After all, the guy who is half way up has tried, and failed, not for lack of physical ability."

If it predicts experimental results then it won't be rejected.

Are you a prophet now? A fortune teller perhaps?

I guess you are. :rolleyes:

Bariyon, you do realize that what you've posted here is not philosophy, don't you? Sorry, but this meets the very definition of "overly speculative posts" that we have recently announced we aren't willing to host any more.

What is the coming unified theory?

The coming unified theory, also known as the theory of everything, is a theoretical framework that aims to explain and unite all physical phenomena in the universe. It seeks to combine the theories of quantum mechanics and general relativity to create a single comprehensive explanation for all physical laws and forces.

Why is the coming unified theory important?

The coming unified theory is important because it would provide a complete understanding of the fundamental workings of the universe. It would also help bridge the gap between the two major theories of physics and potentially lead to new discoveries and advancements in science and technology.

Who is working on the coming unified theory?

There are many scientists and researchers from different fields of physics and mathematics who are working on the coming unified theory. Some notable names include Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and Brian Greene.

What are some challenges in developing the coming unified theory?

One of the main challenges in developing the coming unified theory is the difficulty in reconciling the laws of quantum mechanics and general relativity. Other challenges include the lack of experimental evidence and the complexity of the mathematics involved.

When do scientists predict the coming unified theory will be discovered?

There is no definite answer to when the coming unified theory will be discovered as it is still a theoretical concept. Some scientists believe it may be discovered within our lifetime, while others believe it may take many more years of research and experimentation before it can be fully understood.