Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The cost-benefit ratio of American life

1. Apr 17, 2005 #1

SOS2008

Gold Member

In follow-up to concerns about the rising cost at the gas pumps:
    I knew it -- I have even divested myself of my plants!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2005 #2
    With the rising cost of living, I too have been finding ways to make ends meet. For example, I don't have a pet--I just go to the pet store for the afternoon, I pick fruit off other people's trees, and I leave trash out for the landscapers to clean up so I can save on garbage bags. I would appreciate more ideas from PF members on other ways to balance the ratio?

(Just kidding about the trash :tongue2: )

4. Apr 17, 2005 #3
    Take a dump in the street instead of flushing. Saves on water. Did it all the time back in College

5. Apr 17, 2005 #4

SOS2008

Gold Member

:rofl: Do I dare ask what you use for paper? Maybe you find large leaves off other people's trees?

Another way to save money is to ask for a sample of everything at the grocery store, ice cream shop, etc. until you are nice and full. :tongue2:

6. Apr 18, 2005 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I gave up my monthly salon wax. Now I have to do it myself with a roll of duct tape from the Home Depot store.

7. Apr 18, 2005 #6
    And I thought peeing in other people's pool was bad!

8. Apr 18, 2005 #7

SOS2008

Gold Member

:rofl: What a great idea--and far more inventive than turning underwear inside out to save on laundry. I've taken to letting the neighbor's dog give me a good licking to save on taking showers.

9. Apr 18, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Harold Green still needs a wife... :tongue:

10. Apr 18, 2005 #9

I would have actually believed you (only because its you) if i didn't know you were still in high school.

11. Apr 18, 2005 #10
    Damn, I've been caught.

12. Apr 18, 2005 #11

SOS2008

Gold Member

I knew you'd show up as soon as someone mentioned duct tape...or a dog...? Or did you wear your costume out already?

13. Apr 18, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Naw... I learned that lesson years ago. This one's Kevlar. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?