1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The cost-benefit ratio of American life

1. Apr 17, 2005 #1

SOS2008

Gold Member

In follow-up to concerns about the rising cost at the gas pumps:
    I knew it -- I have even divested myself of my plants!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 17, 2005 #2
    With the rising cost of living, I too have been finding ways to make ends meet. For example, I don't have a pet--I just go to the pet store for the afternoon, I pick fruit off other people's trees, and I leave trash out for the landscapers to clean up so I can save on garbage bags. I would appreciate more ideas from PF members on other ways to balance the ratio?

(Just kidding about the trash :tongue2: )

4. Apr 17, 2005 #3
    Take a dump in the street instead of flushing. Saves on water. Did it all the time back in College

5. Apr 17, 2005 #4

SOS2008

Gold Member

:rofl: Do I dare ask what you use for paper? Maybe you find large leaves off other people's trees?

Another way to save money is to ask for a sample of everything at the grocery store, ice cream shop, etc. until you are nice and full. :tongue2:

6. Apr 18, 2005 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I gave up my monthly salon wax. Now I have to do it myself with a roll of duct tape from the Home Depot store.

7. Apr 18, 2005 #6
    And I thought peeing in other people's pool was bad!

8. Apr 18, 2005 #7

SOS2008

Gold Member

:rofl: What a great idea--and far more inventive than turning underwear inside out to save on laundry. I've taken to letting the neighbor's dog give me a good licking to save on taking showers.

9. Apr 18, 2005 #8

Danger

Gold Member

Harold Green still needs a wife... :tongue:

10. Apr 18, 2005 #9

I would have actually believed you (only because its you) if i didn't know you were still in high school.

11. Apr 18, 2005 #10
    Damn, I've been caught.

12. Apr 18, 2005 #11

SOS2008

Gold Member

I knew you'd show up as soon as someone mentioned duct tape...or a dog...? Or did you wear your costume out already?

13. Apr 18, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Naw... I learned that lesson years ago. This one's Kevlar. :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?