The country with the highest % internet users:

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the five countries with the highest percentage of internet users are Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, and the United States.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1. New-Zealand . 75%
2. Netherlands . 72%
3. Denmark . 71%
4. Norway . 69%
5. United States . 68%
32. Bulgary . 9%

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm guessing that is percentage of the population in the country that uses the internet. I'm pretty sure though that the United States overall has the most people on the internet, since we (Al Gore) did invent it.

Originally posted by dduardo
I'm guessing that is percentage of the population in the country that uses the internet.
euhh.. [?] well.. did they teach you yet in school about: %?

My data came from an international research agency: Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS), I'd rather trust an agency than someone who puts up a website.. (besides that, everything printed in a newspaper must be true :P)

but according to you website the country/region with the highest population percentage of internet users:

1 Sweden 75.8 %
2 Hong Kong 67.0 %
3 Australia 64.2 %
4 Netherlands 63.7 %
5 United States 63.2 %
6 Denmark 62.7 %
7 Iceland 59.5 %
8 Switzerland 58.6 %
9 United Kingdom 58.2 %
10 South Korea 56.1%

Originally posted by Monique
euhh.. [?] well.. did they teach you yet in school about: %?

Sorry, I am out of it. Darn college finals.

How did they find out the number of internet users in each region?

Edit: Before reading this thread, I was already pretty sure Hong Kong would be among the top few places which have highest percentage of internet users.

Last edited:
The % growth for India is 231.6% u see her population is just next to China at this rate u are going to be flooded by more Indians :smile:

Originally posted by KL Kam
How did they find out the number of internet users in each region?
The two must have used different criteria otherwise the results would have been closer together.

Originally posted by Monique
My data came from an international research agency: Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS), I'd rather trust an agency than someone who puts up a website.. (besides that, everything printed in a newspaper must be true :P)

Is Nielsen not trustworthy?

Originally posted by dduardo
since we (Al Gore) did invent it.

He DID invent it, that's why AlGore-rithms are so important in computer science.

Originally posted by himanshu121
The % growth for India is 231.6% u see her population is just next to China at this rate u are going to be flooded by more Indians :smile:
That doesn't mean that the standards of living for the Indian population will improve, to the contrary..

Originally posted by jcsd
He DID invent it, that's why AlGore-rithms are so important in computer science.
very funny :P

The Standard in India for connecting to the net are mostly Dial Up connections which cost a lot but due to the latest intro of DSL/Cable Lan cards u can access at a cheaper extent it is approx 20 dollars for 24 hrs net facility all around a month. So more people will be definitely going for it.

The people concerning Indian who are active Internet Users belong to mostly those section which are doing jobs

omitting those who access from home so home user will be competing with users on work

Statistics says the rise almost 230% so it one can infer that definitely the pos is going to increase

Oh, so did you mean 230% population growth or internet usage increase?

Oh, so did you mean 230% population growth or internet usage increase?

WE DONT WANT 230% population growth

we would love to have higher percentage of internet users

Originally posted by himanshu121
WE DONT WANT 230% population growth

we would love to have higher percentage of internet users
Yes, that's why I replied with "That doesn't mean that the standards of living for the Indian population will improve, to the contrary.." I thought you were talking about population growth and thus flooding of Indians..

IIRC, a similar set of statistics on internet hosts per capita shows Finland as #1, much to the chagrin of some folk in Seattle.

What is the country with the highest percentage of internet users?

The country with the highest percentage of internet users is currently Iceland, with 98.2% of its population having access to the internet.

What factors contribute to a country having a high percentage of internet users?

Some factors that contribute to a country having a high percentage of internet users include infrastructure and government policies that promote internet access, strong economy and education systems, and cultural acceptance and adoption of technology.

How does the percentage of internet users impact a country's economy?

The percentage of internet users can have a significant impact on a country's economy, as it allows for greater access to information, communication, and e-commerce. This can lead to increased productivity, innovation, and economic growth.

Which other countries have a high percentage of internet users?

Other countries with high percentages of internet users include Bermuda, Denmark, and Luxembourg, all with over 96% of their populations having access to the internet.

How does the percentage of internet users in a country compare to its population?

The percentage of internet users can vary greatly in relation to a country's population. For example, while China has the largest number of internet users in the world, it only has a 54.3% internet penetration rate due to its large population. On the other hand, smaller countries like Iceland and Bermuda have higher percentages of internet users compared to their populations.