The craziest person you've known

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Today I was thinking about a guy I knew in high school. At first he just seemed a little high strung and strange, but after I observed his behavior for awhile, it became evident that this guy was simply wired differently than most people. He was absolutely nuts! I remember him taking off on a motorcycle, full throttle, right across a blind intersection. He took out a toll both with his car while drunk, played soccer on LSD [the coach loved that one], crashed his car into a tree, later, joined the military and got kicked out. Eventually he got into bar fights and was arrested several times. Rumor has it [started by him] that he even might have killed a guy in a bar one night - he couldn't remember.

Here is the best part: He found a home with the postal service.

Okay laughing head removed, but I couldn't help but laugh when I heard. :redface:

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Mk
One word: Ivan.

:tongue:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Why? Are you a fan of the postal service?

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Craziest person I know? This'll take a while....

wolram
Gold Member
I have thought long and hard and can not think of any one, crazy people
must live in towns and cities.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
I have thought long and hard and can not think of any one, crazy people
must live in towns and cities.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't be coy Mr Easy Rider.

wolram
Gold Member
Blast, but one knows me so that does not count, i think Astronuc has done
some quite crazy things, so i put him in the frame :smile:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
wolram said:
Blast, but one knows me so that does not count, i think Astronuc has done some quite crazy things, so i put him in the frame :smile:
Now, do I look like I would do 'crazy' things. :biggrin: Yeah, I've had some interesting experiences.

wolram
Gold Member
Astronuc said:
Now, do I look like I would do 'crazy' things. :biggrin: Yeah, I've had some interesting experiences.
Well; erm, err,
yes, but one can not tell by looks alone, it needs a certain intuition.

Last edited:
wolram
Gold Member
Oh, you people are so way inhibited, i will tell about my best crash, in the hope that you follow.

It was the one where i took off on my bike over a hump backed bridge, the
road bore to the right immediatly after the bridge, and a brook ran along side the road, me and bike cleared the brook, the bike only just, me a bit more,
we went quite high as attested by some damaged branches on a tree, the bikes front wheel was embeded in the mud of the far brook bank, i ended up
a few yards further, it took three of us to pull the bike out of the mud, and
i was able to ride it home (slowly), this is the only one i would like to repeat
as i can not remember the flight bit, or would it be the one with all the sparks, that was good too

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One of the best biker stories that I ever heard came from a 300 pounder named Toot [one guess how he got the name]. To be sure, Toot was not a guy you wanted as an enemy. He had arms as big around as my legs, and when he was a younger guy, he was big time trouble.

At some point, as I imagine was true for many nights in his life, Toot was in a bar and got into a fight. Eventually he found himself on top of another guy and was pounding him into the parking lot. Suddenly he had the strangest sensation: When he to hit the guy, he saw a yellow flash. What the heck was that, he thought. He hit the guy again; yellow flash. Toot hit him again, and again, a yellow flash. Toot finally realized that every time he hit the guy, a cop was hitting him on the head with a nightstick.

wolram
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
One of the best biker stories that I ever heard came from a 300 pounder named Toot [one guess how he got the name]. To be sure, Toot was not a guy you wanted as an enemy. He had arms as big around as my legs, and when he was a younger guy, he was big time trouble.

At some point, as I imagine was true for many nights in his life, Toot was in a bar and got into a fight. Eventually he found himself on top of another guy and was pounding him into the parking lot. Suddenly he had the strangest sensation: When he to hit the guy, he saw a yellow flash. What the heck was that, he thought. He hit the guy again; yellow flash. Toot hit him again, and again, a yellow flash. Toot finally realized that every time he hit the guy, a cop was hitting him on the head with a nightstick.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wolram
Gold Member
The cops only ever did me over once, but i did not care, the breakfast of
bacon and eggs was the best i ever tasted, i often wonder if the desk copper, took pity on me.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Despite my maniac driving as a teen, I managed to never get arrested or kill anyone. When about fourteen I took a buddy's car joyriding and got caught, but I had permission to take the car, so no one pressed charges of any kind. I did have to sell my dirt bike to pay for the bumper I tore from the parked pick-up truck I hit...and the damage to my friends mom's VW. That was my closest brush with the law.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Ivan Seeking said:
Despite my maniac driving as a teen, I managed to never get arrested or kill anyone. When about fourteen I took a buddy's car joyriding and got caught, but I had permission to take the car, so no one pressed charges of any kind. I did have to sell my dirt bike to pay for the bumper I tore from the parked pick-up truck I hit...and the damage to my friends mom's VW. That was my closest brush with the law.
My friends compared me to Mario Andretti and Parnelli Jones. :biggrin:

Hey, Ivan, wanna race? :rofl:

I had a similar situation to Wolram, but without the bridge (although I have been airborne in a car). One winter, on an unfamililar road, I came to a T-intersection, and while gently braking, hit a patch of ice. So I had to let off the brake, slide across the perpendicular road (fortunately no cross traffic) and steer between two large trees. I threaded the needle and missed the trees. Fortunately a guy in a pickup truck had a heavy duty rope to pull me up the embankment.

Last edited:
Craziest person I know is this football player in my class(I'am afraid of him being on the news but not about football but on a legel news show)

wolram
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
A dirt bike for a bumper seems so not fair, but we must take the punishment,
Ivan you were very very bad :rofl: but it is or was so much fun, i wish i could do it all again, with you and astro we could have a ball.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It's hell getting old and responsible. I bought a old Blazer/thrasher 4WD that had a brand new Chev 350 V-8. This was purchased for the sole purpose of thrashing in the hills adjacent to our property. But when push came to shove, I couldn't see ruining a perfectly good engine, so I sold it before I ruined it.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I probably couldn't handle the excitement anymore. :rofl:

wolram
Gold Member
,Ops, my bad side has come through, i must say that i no way want to say
that breaking the law is clever, one suffers if one does, i am still suffering the effects, plod never lets go, remember that.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yes, I was worried about this as well after starting the thread. I certainly don't mean to glorify either of the people mentioned or my own actions as a kid, but we all do things we shouldn't, and years later we can look back with a smile if nothing really bad ever happend, but at the time...not so fun when it's happening - getting in trouble, that is.

Astro, I'll race you. Would you like to race to the bathroom or the refrigerator?

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
One should not break the law, but if one does, one should willingly accept the consequences.

I know several people with actual mental disorders, not just recklessness or drug-induced permanent reality distortion.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Ivan Seeking said:
Astro, I'll race you. Would you like to race to the bathroom or the refrigerator?
:rofl: Refrigerator and beer!

Then to the bathroom! :rofl: :rofl:

Outdoors we could use wheelchair or bicycle.

wolram
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, I was worried about this as well after starting the thread. I certainly don't mean to glorify either of the people mentioned or my own actions as a kid, but we all do things we shouldn't, and years later we can look back with a smile if nothing really bad ever happend, but at the time...not so fun when it's happening - getting in trouble, that is.

I glorified in my actions, every one talked about me, but when push came to shove i was the [Ivan edit:] weiner head, it was me that got hurt, me that had bits of metal holding my bones together, i was so stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: