Matthew Lesko: 100 Books, 0 Writing, Millions in Grants

• Thread starter hypnagogue
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary, Matthew Lesko, the late-night infomercial clown, has authored nearly 100 books on government grants using a formula of plagiarism. Despite criticism for his hyperbolic and deceptive tactics, Lesko continues to make millions from his books which contain information readily available for free on the internet. While some may see his gimmick as clever, others view it as taking advantage of unsuspecting consumers.
hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Late-Night Infomercial Clown Matthew Lesko Has Authored Nearly 100 Books On Government Grants. His Formula? “I Don’t Write,” He Says. “I Plagiarize.”

http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=10258

Interesting piece on Matthew Lesko, the annoying guy who can be seen in his infomercials running around in question mark speckled suits in Washington DC, chasing professional looking suits with his big books on how to get free money from the government. A zany character who makes millions with hyperbole and 'white lies.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing that upsets me, is that I didn't think of it first. What a gimmick, to get a million people to buy a book{s} containing information that they could get for free.

I am fine with it. You can find out almost anything on the internet for free, but who wants to search for all of these things? I am paying for the neatly compiled package of this information. Also I like being able to read it on actual paper.

hypatia said:
The only thing that upsets me, is that I didn't think of it first. What a gimmick, to get a million people to buy a book{s} containing information that they could get for free.
:rofl: As the saying goes, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

1. Who is Matthew Lesko?

Matthew Lesko is a best-selling author and entrepreneur known for his books on government grants and programs. He is also known for his signature question mark suit and his appearances in infomercials.

2. How many books has Matthew Lesko written?

Matthew Lesko has written over 100 books, with topics ranging from government grants and programs to starting a small business and saving money on taxes.

3. How did Matthew Lesko become successful?

Matthew Lesko became successful through his unique approach to finding and promoting government grants and programs. He also utilizes his background in public policy and economics to inform his writing and business strategies.

4. How can I benefit from Matthew Lesko's books?

Matthew Lesko's books provide valuable information on government grants and programs that can assist individuals and businesses in obtaining funding and resources. They also offer tips on saving money and starting a successful business.

5. Are Matthew Lesko's books reliable sources of information?

Yes, Matthew Lesko's books are based on extensive research and information from government sources. However, it is always important to do your own research and double-check information before making any decisions or applying for grants or programs.

Back