Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Da Vinci Code Book by Dan Brown

1. Dec 10, 2003 #1

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

has anyone read this book? i have heard great things about it so i began reading it...typically i don't read fiction, but this one is good so far...

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2003 #2

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I read it. It's a good, fast paced, exciting adventure story. All that stuff about the true secret history is just puff for the book. He took a bunch of separate stories, like the Templars, and Mary Magdalen, and put them together the way a conspiracy freak does - connect the dots - and made it sound good. You can believe it if you like, but historians have been all over the story, debunking it.

4. Dec 10, 2003 #3
    I say read it. Smooth transition, pretty good character development..I've read only a few paragraphs and will pick it up eventually.

If you have even a slight fascination with cryptography, code breaking, symbols..you will find it interesting.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  5. Dec 11, 2003 #4
    I'm on about page 50 and so far it's pretty good.

It grabs you quickly and moves you right along.

6. Dec 11, 2003 #5
    It's worth reading, also the top seller at the store I work in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?