• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Phil Plait just tweeted a reference to the following:

Meet the New Host of the Daily Show

Trevor Noah.
South African comedian.
31 years old. (A millennial...... ?:) :wink: I never said I didn't like them.)

Never heard of him before.
I approve.

Answers and Replies

From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.

Likes OmCheeto and edward
Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.

Likes OmCheeto
OmCheeto
Gold Member
From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.
I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.

I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
Big shoes to fill, I hope he is good.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.
I haven't watch TV in about 6 years, so I'm not sure what Tina Fey is up to these days.
But 6 years ago, I'd have agreed with you, 100%.
She was killing me.

I was though, able to watch "30 Rock" online, until its demise. (grrrrrrr.......)

In hindsight, her costars didn't drag the show down, too much. :oldwink:

WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2019 Award
I always though Norm McDonald was way underrated. He could have made a pretty good replacement. But he seems to be somewhere far out of the mainstream these days.

I don't like it. I have seen him a few times on the daily show and I haven't exactly liked his pieces.

Of course I haven't seen the guy in action yet as a main host, so I'll have to do that first. But I expect that I'll just stop watching the show. Good thing that there's always "Last week tonight" by John Oliver.

I preferred if the British guy was hosting it, but this guy seems funny too, gonna wait and watch. I didn't find Jon Stewart to be a very good comedian anyway, sure he was on the Daily Show for many years and he has his reputation, but I found his comedy to be very basic.

OmCheeto
Gold Member
I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.
I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.
I only give him 9.8 out of 10, as I have no idea who Michael Shrayhan, nor Killa Ripple are.

several googles later:
Ok. What was apparently said; "Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa".
I still don't know who they are.

All in all though, my kind of comedy.

ps. For those of you, like me, who refuse to get a cable subscription until we can get one without supporting Fox News: Full Episode