Who is Trevor Noah?

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
In summary: The Daily Show from 2014 is available for free on YouTube.In summary, Trevor Noah, a South African comedian, is the new host of the Daily Show. Noah is 31 years old and has little experience hosting a television show, but is apparently a good fit for the job. Noah is not well-known outside of the United States, but has some comedic skills that may make up for it. Noah's predecessor, Jon Stewart, was a talented comedian and comedian-in-chief, but Noah may be able to fill his shoes better. Noah's predecessors, Tina Fey and Norm McDonald, were both popular and successful comedians, but Noah may not be as successful. Noah is not a good replacement for Fey, but may be a good
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Phil Plait just tweeted a reference to the following:

Meet the New Host of the Daily Show

Trevor Noah.
South African comedian.
31 years old. (A millennial... ?:) :wink: I never said I didn't like them.)

Never heard of him before.
I approve.

Physics news on Phys.org
From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.

Likes OmCheeto and edward
Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.

Likes OmCheeto
Greg Bernhardt said:
From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.

I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.

I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.

Big shoes to fill, I hope he is good.

jack476 said:
Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.
I haven't watch TV in about 6 years, so I'm not sure what Tina Fey is up to these days.
But 6 years ago, I'd have agreed with you, 100%.
She was killing me.

I was though, able to watch "30 Rock" online, until its demise. (grrrrrrr...)

In hindsight, her costars didn't drag the show down, too much. :oldwink:

I always though Norm McDonald was way underrated. He could have made a pretty good replacement. But he seems to be somewhere far out of the mainstream these days.

I don't like it. I have seen him a few times on the daily show and I haven't exactly liked his pieces.

Of course I haven't seen the guy in action yet as a main host, so I'll have to do that first. But I expect that I'll just stop watching the show. Good thing that there's always "Last week tonight" by John Oliver.

I preferred if the British guy was hosting it, but this guy seems funny too, going to wait and watch. I didn't find Jon Stewart to be a very good comedian anyway, sure he was on the Daily Show for many years and he has his reputation, but I found his comedy to be very basic.

OmCheeto said:
I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.
I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.

I only give him 9.8 out of 10, as I have no idea who Michael Shrayhan, nor Killa Ripple are.

several googles later:
Ok. What was apparently said; "Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa".
I still don't know who they are.

All in all though, my kind of comedy.

ps. For those of you, like me, who refuse to get a cable subscription until we can get one without supporting Fox News: Full Episode

1. Who is the new host of The Daily Show?

The new host of The Daily Show is Trevor Noah, a South African comedian and television host.

2. When did Trevor Noah start hosting The Daily Show?

Trevor Noah started hosting The Daily Show on September 28, 2015.

3. Who was the previous host of The Daily Show?

The previous host of The Daily Show was Jon Stewart, who hosted the show for 16 years from 1999 to 2015.

4. What is Trevor Noah's background and experience?

Trevor Noah is a stand-up comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actor, and television host. He began his career in South Africa and gained international recognition through his stand-up comedy specials and appearances on television shows. He joined The Daily Show as a correspondent in 2014 before becoming the host in 2015.

5. How has The Daily Show changed since Trevor Noah became the host?

Since Trevor Noah became the host of The Daily Show, the show has continued to provide satirical commentary on current events and politics, but with a focus on global issues and perspectives. Noah has also brought a more diverse range of guests onto the show and has incorporated his own unique comedic style into the program.