Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Daily Show's new host

1. Mar 30, 2015 #1

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Phil Plait just tweeted a reference to the following:

Meet the New Host of the Daily Show

Trevor Noah.
    South African comedian.
    31 years old. (A millennial...... ?:) :wink: I never said I didn't like them.)

Never heard of him before.
    I approve.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2015 #2
    From what I've seen it might be a good match, but what made Jon Stewart so amazing was his versatility and perfect feel for when to be funny and when to be serious.

4. Mar 30, 2015 #3
    Personally, I was really hoping it would be Tina Fey, but I knew that would be a stretch. But he's pretty good too.

5. Mar 30, 2015 #4

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I've watched a total of two videos of this Noah guy.

I have a feeling, that he's perfect for the job.

6. Mar 30, 2015 #5

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Big shoes to fill, I hope he is good.

7. Mar 30, 2015 #6

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I haven't watch TV in about 6 years, so I'm not sure what Tina Fey is up to these days.
    But 6 years ago, I'd have agreed with you, 100%.
    She was killing me.

I was though, able to watch "30 Rock" online, until its demise. (grrrrrrr.......)

In hindsight, her costars didn't drag the show down, too much. :oldwink:

8. Mar 30, 2015 #7

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I always though Norm McDonald was way underrated. He could have made a pretty good replacement. But he seems to be somewhere far out of the mainstream these days.

9. Mar 31, 2015 #8

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I don't like it. I have seen him a few times on the daily show and I haven't exactly liked his pieces.

Of course I haven't seen the guy in action yet as a main host, so I'll have to do that first. But I expect that I'll just stop watching the show. Good thing that there's always "Last week tonight" by John Oliver.

10. Apr 3, 2015 #9
    I preferred if the British guy was hosting it, but this guy seems funny too, gonna wait and watch. I didn't find Jon Stewart to be a very good comedian anyway, sure he was on the Daily Show for many years and he has his reputation, but I found his comedy to be very basic.

11. Sep 29, 2015 #10

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I only give him 9.8 out of 10, as I have no idea who Michael Shrayhan, nor Killa Ripple are.

several googles later:
    Ok. What was apparently said; "Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa".
    I still don't know who they are.

All in all though, my kind of comedy.

ps. For those of you, like me, who refuse to get a cable subscription until we can get one without supporting Fox News: Full Episode

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook