Learn How to Make the "Danger Special" Drink

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary: I discovered that the Danger Special is not actually that dangerous. In summary, Danger's drink is composed of tequila, sour puss (a mix of sour mix and cranberry juice), and tabasco. It's not too hot, and it tastes pretty good. Alberta is flat.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I learned a new drink on my Alberta meetup.

I call it the Danger Special, because the real name has been burned out of my brain.

It is 25% Tequila, 25% Sour Puss and 75% Tabasco.

If you wish to experience the Danger Special without traveling to Alberta, you can simulate the effect by eating a whole live sea urchin. As sweats from the venom set in, relieve the pain from a thousand spines tearing at your mouth and throat by sticking your lips into a high-speed cooling fan.

Now finish your beer.

Other stuff happened in my Alberta meetup. I will attempt to recount these as time in rehab starts restoring my memory.

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:

I call it the Danger Special, because the real name has been burned out of my brain.

If you wish to experience the Danger Special without traveling to Alberta, you can simulate the effect by eating a whole live sea urchin. As sweats from the venom set in, relieve the pain from a thousand spines tearing at your mouth and throat by sticking your lips into a high-speed cooling fan.

Now finish your beer.

Other stuff happened in my Alberta meetup. I will attempt to recount these as time in rehab starts restoring my memory.

:rofl: :rofl:
It's my invention, and it's named "Aftershock". To be fair, that's the first time that Ian ever built one, and not under my direct supervision. It's supposed to be 45% each of takillya and red Sourpuss, and only 10% Tabasco. That one wasn't actually too hot by my standards, but it totally overcame the flavour of the main ingredients. Ideally, the initial taste is the tequila, the aftertaste is a sour fruit, and you merely feel the Tabasco.
I seriously love that description, though.
Dave is the first PF member that I've ever met in person, and I must say that I was not disappointed (other than in the brevity of our time together).

DaveC426913 said:

Um, you were in Alberta? How come I wasn't apprised of that situation? Now I feel all neglected.

And stuff.

P.S. No one should ever, ever drink anything called "Sour Puss" unless you're a 23 year-old female and there's a piece of fruit involved somewhere in the drink.

GeorginaS said:
No one should ever, ever drink anything called "Sour Puss"
Despite the name, it has absolutely nothing to do with yeast infections... :rolleyes:

There was an Alberta Meetup?

For my friend's defense celebration a few days ago, I bought him a Prairie Fire--however, that's only a few (dozen?) drops of tabasco in a shot of Jack Daniels. I can't imagine having something with 75% tabasco content!

Also, don't your fractions add up to 125%? Unless that's to illustrate the potency of the brew!

MATLABdude said:
There was an Alberta Meetup?

For my friend's defense celebration a few days ago, I bought him a Prairie Fire--however, that's only a few (dozen?) drops of tabasco in a shot of Jack Daniels. I can't imagine having something with 75% tabasco content!

Also, don't your fractions add up to 125%? Unless that's to illustrate the potency of the brew!

@bolded: I think the Tabasco changes how math works in those concentrations, like too much mass within its Schwarzschild Radius. Clearly this drink IS the singularity, so just think of the stages of personal and moral degeneracy (electron, neutron, maybe even quark!) you have to pass before you can interact with this drink?

I think it just sits there like a phantom on the bar until your BAC approaches criticality; as you drink the bar and people begin to fade as the drink appears more solid and real. When you can finally reach out, grasp the glass and drink... that's the moment when you experience a type Ia Supernova and your carbon fuses.

@Danger: :yuck: :rofl: :yuck: :rofl: :yuck: ...

GeorginaS said:
Um, you were in Alberta? How come I wasn't apprised of that situation? Now I feel all neglected.

Aw shoot. Really? I had no idea. Now I'm kicking myself.

I was in Calgary. Danger is in Cochrane, 45 minutes NW. I'm pretty sure I could see his houselights from my hotel. Alberta is flat. At least, the eastern-most 95% of it is. The Western-most 5% balances it out.

Pix will follow https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=446043".

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC426913 said:
Aw shoot. Really? I had no idea. Now I'm kicking myself.

I was in Calgary. Danger is in Cochrane, 45 minutes NW. I'm pretty sure I could see his houselights from my hotel. Alberta is flat. At least, the eastern-most 95% of it is. The Western-most 5% balances it out.

Pix will follow https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=446043".

Yes, Alberta is impressively flat. And it's not even as flat as Saskatchewan is. But flat. Yes. While driving on the highway during the daytime, I swear, you can see forever. And that's truly the only noteworthy part of the general landscape, the flatness. (Unless you veer off towards Drumheller and it appears as if you've just landed on another planet altogether.)

But, okay, you're forgiven. You were on that end of Alberta. When you wander over to the upper end of Alberta, you must give me notice. I won't try to harm you with libations.

GeorginaS said:
You were on that end of Alberta.

:grumpy:

:biggrin:
Oh, great... another chirp-up from Edmunchuck. :rolleyes:

Shawn, who was here when I first joined, lived there. Dear little Scorpa was (is?) going to school there, although her home is somewhat southward. I also just learned, while co-ordinating the meet with Dave, that Mender lives just a few miles NE of me. (Well, about half-way between me and Red Deer. Considering the kind of engines that he builds, that should be about a 15-minute drive.)

DaveC426913 said:

If you wish to experience the Danger Special without traveling to Alberta, you can simulate the effect by eating a whole live sea urchin.

Oh, I'm sure I could find the necessary ingredients at my local liquor and grocery stores. However, I think it might be tastier to pull a Dan Akroyd "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c06HorsmhjY"" with a lionfish.

I can't believe you were all three so close and did not get together to be real buddies.

Lacy33 said:
I can't believe you were all three so close and did not get together to be real buddies.

Hi, Sweetheart. Dave and I had (by my standards) a good time (he might not agree). He's actually quite a nice guy, not nearly as curmudgeonly as he likes to pretend. (Well, he might be with youngsters, but my having almost 10 years on him settled that right off of the bat. Kidding...) His company was very pleasant, and I wish that we had the opportunity to spend a few more hours together. ****, I had my baton strapped to my walker, and didn't even have a chance to thump him for any coin on the pool table. Next time, dude...
Mender and I are looking to get together sometime in the future (which is a lot easier than getting together in the past—another one for Ivan's piss-you-off phrase thread). He couldn't make the meeting with Dave, but he is only about an hour's drive away.

Good for you all. You live in such a pretty place too.

MATLABdude said:
I bought him a Prairie Fire--however, that's only a few (dozen?) drops of tabasco in a shot of Jack Daniels

Where the hell are you living? By your opening comment, it seems that you are a fellow Albertan. On the other hand, your concept of a Prairie Fire indicates that you're a Yank. A Prairie Fire is tequila with one or two dashes of Tabasco, and the Aftershock is my variation of that in order to add a bit of flavour. The only widely recognized shooter made with JD is the Double Jack. That's half and half JD and Yukon Jack.

Lacy33 said:
You live in such a pretty place too.

It is that. And despite Dave's mention of flatness, he had to descend about half a kilometre of vertical change, down a 7% grade, to get from the town limits to our meeting place. I live in the foothills of the Rockies, nestled cozily at the base of a hill that shields us from all weather approaching from the north. (That's why Georgina's snoring doesn't keep me awake. :uhh:)

Danger said:
It is that. And despite Dave's mention of flatness, he had to descend about half a kilometre of vertical change, down a 7% grade, to get from the town limits to our meeting place. I live in the foothills of the Rockies, nestled cozily at the base of a hill that shields us from all weather approaching from the north. (That's why Georgina's snoring doesn't keep me awake. :uhh:)

I knew it was my fault somehow.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the "Danger Special" drink?

To make the "Danger Special" drink, you will need 1.5 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce of triple sec, 1 ounce of peach schnapps, 1 ounce of raspberry liqueur, 2 ounces of orange juice, and 2 ounces of cranberry juice.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the "Danger Special" drink?

Yes, you can substitute the raspberry liqueur with raspberry vodka or the peach schnapps with peach vodka. However, the taste may be slightly different from the original recipe.

3. How do I mix the "Danger Special" drink?

To mix the "Danger Special" drink, fill a shaker with ice and add all the ingredients. Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a cherry or orange slice if desired.

4. Can I make a non-alcoholic version of the "Danger Special" drink?

Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version of the "Danger Special" drink by substituting the alcohol with equal parts of orange juice and cranberry juice. You can also add a splash of club soda for some fizz.

5. How did the "Danger Special" drink get its name?

The "Danger Special" drink is named after its intense and potent combination of flavors, which can be considered dangerous. It is also a fun and catchy name that is sure to grab attention at any party or event.

Back