Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The dark side of gay marriage

1. Sep 2, 2009 #1

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2009 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

What exactly is the point? Are you in support of gay marriage, against, or don't like the ice cream?

4. Sep 2, 2009 #3

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I'm for gay marriage, generally for ice cream but if it leads to putting 'peanut butter filled pretzels' in ice cream then perhaps the republicans have a point!

5. Sep 2, 2009 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Like Chubby Hubby, but twice the nuts?

6. Sep 2, 2009 #5
    I wouldn't mind unless there is a female version of a strawberry ice-cream.

7. Sep 3, 2009 #6

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Oh. my. god. :rofl:

:approve:

8. Sep 3, 2009 #7
    Every late night talk show host was cracking the same joke last night.

9. Sep 3, 2009 #8
    Now we know what MIH's night job is.

10. Sep 11, 2009 #9
    I have to wonder why that "flavor" was chosen? Do you think they did any in depth market research, or just put the next flavor together with the next branding idea?

11. Sep 11, 2009 #10

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I'm trying to imagine what's going on in bookworm's mind when s/he pictures a gay marriage. Is gay synonymous with S&M? :tongue2:

12. Sep 11, 2009 #11

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

2 possibles.
    They already have an ice cream called chubby-hubby and this rhymed.
    It has pretzels - republicans hate pretzels for their assassination attempt on GWB and they hate gay marriage :-)

13. Sep 11, 2009 #12
    I don't know about previously, but from now on it's FCPBFP - Fudge Covered Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels.

14. Sep 11, 2009 #13
    :rofl:

15. Sep 11, 2009 #14
    Well, fudge and peanut butter are often joked about in reference to gay sex. The shape is also turd-like. I can only assume these are the references they were intending...which I find rather distasteful.

16. Sep 11, 2009 #15
    I hope you're wrong. I can't imagine someone making a business decision based upon such criteria.

17. Sep 11, 2009 #16
    Well, gay males are notorious for their openly sexual and offensive humor...this seems like a marketing campaign to appeal to that vulgar crowd, without serious risk of offending the highly open-minded liberal hippy crowd that comprises the majority of their fanbase.

18. Sep 11, 2009 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And how is that different from straight males?

I really think it was simply a play on words of the original name, though it does give a lot of insight into other people's views here that they would jump to some other conclusion.

19. Sep 11, 2009 #18

Ygggdrasil

Science Advisor

Laws against same sex marriage currently devalue loving couples in 44 of the states, yet you don't mention this.

20. Sep 11, 2009 #19

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hear, hear.

21. Sep 11, 2009 #20
    It only devalues the marriages of straight loving couples if you consider homosexuals to be unloving second class citizens. That makes this sort of comment a personal attack against homosexuals, which is against PF rules.

Surprisingly, my post made no such attacks, but resulted in an infraction simply for stating some of the behavioral trends of homosexuals I have encountered. Clearly, the moderation here is not so democratic.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook