Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Date Of the Death!

1. Aug 21, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

What would you do if you knew when you'd die? Would it make any difference in your life?
    What would you do if you knew you would be alive less than 1 year(or 1 month, 1 week...)? :rolleyes:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't think I would change much. I never assume the morrow will come.

4. Aug 21, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, if I knew I would only be around another week, I wouldn't be worrying so much about moving in a week and a half. :biggrin: And if I'd only be around another month, I'd definitely join Zz for his September Disney trip instead of waiting until January. Anything further away than that and I probably wouldn't change much.

5. Aug 21, 2005 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, MB has a good point: I'd go to Disneyland!

6. Aug 21, 2005 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

Oh really? You don't want to kiss and make up with God whether he exists or not? o:)
    Aw I think I'd have alot to do. Perhaps I start writing one of stories in my mind. But no let's forget it, I don't want to become famouse after my death. :zzz: I should do whatever I like.(I'm doing the same now) :rolleyes:

By the way, how would you feel? Happy or sad or even excited?

7. Aug 21, 2005 #6

Lisa!

Gold Member

Good point. But you know I would join Zz for a trip whenever I decide to kill myself! :tongue2: He's not around here, is he? :uhh:

8. Aug 21, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I hope that I am awake and aware. I want to know what people see when their eyes grow wide with awe.

A close friend of the family died recently. As has happened with others, at the moment of death his eyes grew very wide and he looked all around the room as if it was filled with people.

There was a hospice nurse who wrote a book in which she proclaims, "you don't want to miss your own death". Apparently it can be quite a beautiful experience.

God and I are just fine.

9. Aug 21, 2005 #8

Lisa!

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm really curious to know what happens. I think death is the most mysterious and intersting event or perhaps travel in everyone's life. Sometimes I envy people who have died, I don't know why. Because I enjoy my life but I think when someone dies s/he feel superior to alive people. And laugh at people who are afraid of death.

10. Aug 21, 2005 #9

I think the power to die is within your hands,you just need a bit of courage.!
    And you can anytime become superior!
    (Lisa,i am seriously joking,! :biggrin: )

11. Aug 21, 2005 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

:rofl:What do you mean by seriously joking? What you're saying is for people who don't have enough courage to continue their life. :wink: Death is a part of our life and for sure it has its specific time.

12. Aug 21, 2005 #11
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you are standing on the top of Eiffel tower,won't you require courage to jump down?

time is in your hands, :tongue:

13. Aug 21, 2005 #12
    I know already when i will die, in the future.
    now that i know that, ill keep doing what ive done so far, i.e posting in pf :cry:
    see above.
    i would not ask what im going to do, i would do it. :devil:

14. Aug 21, 2005 #13
    what kind of laugh?
    is it the evilish one- muhahaha?
    or the kind-nature- hahahaha?

15. Aug 21, 2005 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Aw Ejffel tower? You know I love jumping down from a high place because I'm so curious to know how it's like. :rolleyes: I don't know why we don't stay health when we jump down from high places but cats do. You know I think cats know physics rules better than us and they know how to use them in their lives. :wink:
    Anyway I always need to be so careful when I'm standing on a high place because sometimes my curiousity is about to make me jump down! o:)

16. Aug 21, 2005 #15
    I wanna go BASE jumping!

If you jumped from the Eiffel Tower, wouldn't you hit some lower metal poles?

17. Aug 21, 2005 #16
    If I knew I was dying within a week or a month I would:

-Assassinate President Bush and Bill Gates
    -Go sky diving
    -Have sex in public (got this one from another site)

There are probably some other good ones, but I can't think of them now.

18. Aug 21, 2005 #17

Lisa!

Gold Member

You mean you try to know what hell is like by spending time in PF? :wink:

How do you laugh when you see some people are worried about silly things or love something damn stupid?

19. Aug 21, 2005 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

moose, do you have any suggestion?

Aha! Clever guy, you get my point. I wanted to know if anyone would kill someone else since he knew he would die soon anyway. :wink:

20. Aug 21, 2005 #19

JamesU

Gold Member

If I knew my death adte, i would try to do all that I can before that date, so I'd have something to show about my life.

21. Aug 21, 2005 #20
    how can you show something about your life if you are dead? :bugeye:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?