The Decision.

• Thread starter Atabekyan
  • Start date
Hi everyone. Straight to the point: this summer I will finish my BSc studies in Physics and so I need to choose specialty to study for my MSc degree. (University of Tartu, Estonia, EU, it's 3 years for BSc and 2 more for MSc). Unfortunately I don't seem to have a certain field of interest. I would probably like something interdisciplinary, like biomedical engineering or nanotechnology. Ultimate goal is to get a PhD position at some foreign university. What would you recommend to choose. Maybe share some thoughts, what aspects else I should consider. Thank you.

Answers and Replies

You really don't have a field of interest? Nothing that makes you think "Hmm! That's intriguing"? We can't just tell you to go into such-and-such specialty.

I guess I don't. I can't recall a subject that I really liked, all of them forced me to study. Yet I think I would succeed better in technical field so I don't want to completely change the field. Today I found another Master's program in "Materials and Processes of Sustainable Energetics" and probably will choose between this and 2 other I mentioned in first post. Your comments on which of these is more perspective or just some useful/interesting information about them are highly welcome.