The Decreasing White Majority in the US

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Small correction: 17% of NL is foreign, of which 9% is non-western (Turks, Moroccans, Antilleans, Surinamese and Indonesians).

That article is from a major dutch newspaper that quoted data from the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) on the topic. You could try babelfish for a translation, but I don't think it would do a very good job :)

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Is that 9% a percentage of the foreign,or of the whole population?

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ah, you've got me..

On the CIA website it says "Dutch 83%, other 17% (of which 9% are non-Western origin mainly Turks, Moroccans, Antilleans, Surinamese and Indonesians) (1999 est.)"

It can't be 9% of 17%, that would be 1.5% of the whole population: only 250,000. Thus 9% of the whole population.

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
So more than half of the "other" are non-western, meaning from those examples, not european descended.

One person in 6 is not Dutch, and 1 person in 11 is not European descended.

Nereid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
But how many of the 'Antilleans, Surinamese and Indonesian' immigrants are decendants of roaming/roving Spaniards/Dutch/etc (even if it's only one ancestor among 100)?

Indeed, it's a big melting pot and many autochtones have variable ethnic ancestors That's good for genes diversity and a healthy population.

Is this why the average Dutch persons grows far too tall? F1 hybrids?

Monique said:
Small correction: 17% of NL is foreign, of which 9% is non-western (Turks, Moroccans, Antilleans, Surinamese and Indonesians).

That article is from a major dutch newspaper that quoted data from the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) on the topic. You could try babelfish for a translation, but I don't think it would do a very good job :)

Are you sure this is 91% white rather than 83%with dutch nationality, 9% other western nationality and 9% born abroad? If so, then there will be some of the 83% non white.

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The numbers are on ethnic groups, I assume they sent out questionairres asking for ethnicity. The 83% dutch mustn't include colonial immigrants ('cause they are grouped among the antilleans, surinamese and indonesians).

Andre said:
That's good for genes diversity and a healthy population.
The IQ surplus of Ashkenazi Jews seem directly linked to their closely monitored and homogeneous breeding.