The defense stumbles, your honor

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
In summary, the defense in a court case may stumble or struggle to present a strong argument or evidence in support of their client. This can be detrimental to their case and may result in an unfavorable ruling from the judge. It is important for the defense to be well-prepared and effectively present their arguments in order to have a successful outcome in court.
Rach3
This lawyer is representing a defendant facing a life-in-prison sentence. I haven't finished watching yet, it keeps getting better and better!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=98280d9df4

Physics news on Phys.org
Shock Jock, always at work. :rolleyes:

That clip is sad.

Last edited:
Hey, if you had half as much homework as I do - you'd be escaping to YouTube 24/7!

Actually, I'd be doing work: but that's just me.

1. What does "The defense stumbles, your honor" mean?

"The defense stumbles, your honor" is a phrase often used in legal settings to indicate that the defense team in a court case has encountered some difficulty or weakness in their argument or evidence.

2. Is "The defense stumbles, your honor" a common occurrence in court cases?

It is not uncommon for the defense to encounter stumbling blocks or challenges in a court case, so "The defense stumbles, your honor" may be heard fairly frequently in legal proceedings.

3. Can the defense overcome their stumble?

It is possible for the defense to overcome their stumble by presenting strong evidence and arguments to support their case. However, it ultimately depends on the strength of the prosecution's case and the decision of the judge or jury.

4. Is "The defense stumbles, your honor" a sign of weakness in the defense's case?

While "The defense stumbles, your honor" may indicate a momentary weakness or challenge in the defense's case, it does not necessarily mean their entire case is weak. It is important to consider all evidence and arguments presented throughout the trial.

5. How does "The defense stumbles, your honor" impact the outcome of a court case?

The impact of "The defense stumbles, your honor" on the outcome of a court case will depend on a variety of factors, including the strength of the prosecution's case, the severity of the stumble, and the decision of the judge or jury. It is ultimately up to the court to weigh all evidence and arguments presented before making a decision.