The disobediant eyelash

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

It's bad enough that I have "cowlicks" in my hair (spots where hair grows in a different direction making it stick up in places) but now I've got an eyelash doing the same thing. All my eyelashes curl up except for this one on the left eye that points straight out and slightly down. Why can't it stand at attention like the other good little soldiers? :frown:

I try to glue it to the others with mascara, but that doesn't work so well. I am thinking about taking an eyelash curler to it, but those things kinda scare me. Pulling it out would probably hurt like hell, so I'm not so inclined to do that.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
It's bad enough that I have "cowlicks" in my hair (spots where hair grows in a different direction making it stick up in places) but now I've got an eyelash doing the same thing. All my eyelashes curl up except for this one on the left eye that points straight out and slightly down. Why can't it stand at attention like the other good little soldiers? :frown:

I try to glue it to the others with mascara, but that doesn't work so well. I am thinking about taking an eyelash curler to it, but those things kinda scare me. Pulling it out would probably hurt like hell, so I'm not so inclined to do that.
I've gotten so frustrated before that I *did* pull it out with tweezers. Yeah, it hurts.

My eyebrows are starting to do that now. I always wondered why my eyebrow liner came with "glue", now I know.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
MIH - I, too, am cursed with numerous cow licks and errant eyelashes. One in particular grows straight into my eye.

To my great surprise, plucking eyelashes isn't very painful, it's just scary as heck!

Plucking eybrow hairs hurts far, far worse, for me.

I would never pluck an eyelash, wouldn't it feel like you were going to tear your eyelid off?

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
The disobedient eyelash sounds a like a perfect match for the Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse.

It could make you the star of a cult following! :rofl:

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Nah, mine just pull right out.

I only did it because this one hair grows right into my eye. I don't have much choice.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has to put up with this!

Evo
Mentor
What I hate is plucking that one nose hair that suddenly pops out of your nostril and wraps around the side of your nose.

That happens to everyone...right? :uhh:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What I hate is plucking that one nose hair that suddenly pops out of your nostril and wraps around the side of your nose.

That happens to everyone...right? :uhh:
Isn't that what happened to Sigourney Weaver in Alien?

My nose hairs are white. Do you think I should dye them?

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My nose hairs are white. Do you think I should dye them?
I think you have stumbled on a new product: Nose-hair dye kits.

There already are special products on the market for dying um.. the carpet to match the drapes.

So, hey, why not something to match up the nose hair?

I was useing a eyelash curler once, then a BIG spider came crawling down the mirror, and I ended up ripping about half of them out as I jumped. I don't use eyelash curlers anymore.

Evo
Mentor
Evo
Mentor
I was useing a eyelash curler once, then a BIG spider came crawling down the mirror, and I ended up ripping about half of them out as I jumped. I don't use eyelash curlers anymore.
OUCH!!!

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Aww its all those little things that make you girls cute. :smile:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
yikes! How long did it take for your lashes to grow back?

I used to be scared of eyelash curlers, but then I tried one.
Great for days when I try to wear both glasses and mascara: using the curler prevents my eyelashes from hitting the glasses lens and leaving mascara streaks on it!

But *shudder*. Hypatia, that is one durned scary story. ick.

I think you have stumbled on a new product: Nose-hair dye kits.
:uhh: Better delete that post, and quickly go to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) first. Ideas are easily stolen.

I pull 'em out with my fingers, all manly and that there like...
Then I go shooting birds and beat up some geeks.

chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just think it's fascinating that so many people I previously assumed male are in fact female.

- Warren

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I pull 'em out with my fingers, all manly and that there like...
Then I go shooting birds and beat up some geeks.
You shoot chickens to use as bait for the geeks?

Be sure to only wound them. Geeks prefer live chickens.

Last edited: