Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Do You Know Archaeology Test

1. Dec 23, 2006 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Arch. Grad Student

You scored 86 on archaeology knowledge! Wow. You sure know your stuff, or are good at guessing. Either way, you know a lot about important places and events in archaeology. Good work.

The Do You Know Archaeology Test
    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=6316580983079451049

This test tracked 1 variable. How the score compared to the other people's:
    Higher than 96% on knowledge

My take on the test - Some of these questions could have had other correct answers, I don't agree with some of the choices given. On some of the questions I had to choose which was less wrong instead of more correct. Tough test though.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2006 #2
    Exploration

You scored 43 on archaeology knowledge!

So you've had an intro course in archaeology perhaps and you remember some of the more important facts, but not them all. Don't worry, some of the questions were quite hard and not meant for most to get. Just keep studying your text books. And remember, archaeology isn't just about Rome, Greece, and Egypt.

Mostly guessing :smile: I have never taken an Anthro/Archo class, but I have taken western civilization, which may have helped for a question or two.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  4. Dec 24, 2006 #3

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Way too difficult, what's the point of it anyway, I can have a nice life without knowing anything about archeology..grumble,grumble..:frown:

5. Dec 24, 2006 #4
    Exploration
    You scored 46 on archaeology knowledge!
    So you've had an intro course in archaeology perhaps and you remember some of the more important facts, but not them all. Don't worry, some of the questions were quite hard and not meant for most to get. Just keep studying your text books. And remember, archaeology isn't just about Rome, Greece, and Egypt.

I guessed most of them.

6. Dec 24, 2006 #5

Evo

Arildno, I would have thought you'd ace this one.

7. Dec 24, 2006 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Nah, I got only 43 points..sniff.

8. Dec 24, 2006 #7

Evo

Half the time the answer I would have given was not a choice and I had to select an answer that at least could be close enough to be correct. If "none of the above" had been a choice, that's what I would have chosen.

9. Dec 24, 2006 #8

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Anthro Major
    You scored 66 on archaeology knowledge!
    Maybe you haven't quite decided if you want to be an archaeology major yet, but you're definitely interested in the subject. Good work on getting more than half right. You got the basics, but not all of the details. Good work and keep studying!

My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:

free online dating free online dating
    You scored higher than 99% on knowledge

10. Dec 24, 2006 #9
    Anthro Major
    You scored 62 on archaeology knowledge!
    Maybe you haven't quite decided if you want to be an archaeology major yet, but you're definitely interested in the subject. Good work on getting more than half right. You got the basics, but not all of the details. Good work and keep studying!

You scored higher than 65% on knowledge

...I used to want to study archeology.

11. Dec 24, 2006 #10
    Classics Major
    You scored 54 on archaeology knowledge!
    You know the archaeology of Rome and Greece. Too bad that wasn't on the test. Good job at getting over half correct. Keep up the good work.

Very tough for an OK Cupid test. :P

There was a time when I wanted to become an archaeologist, thanks to the lesson on Harappa and Mohenjo-daro in history class; but that soon waned to give way for astronomy. :biggrin:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  12. Dec 24, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lib. Arts Student
    You scored 38 on archaeology knowledge!
    You've gotten some of the questions right, but you don't really know details yet. Keep studying and you eventually will.

Not bad for never taking an archaeology course, right? :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?