The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale

• Thread starter MartinJH
  • Start date
In summary, a Cajun named Jean Paul bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100, but the next day the farmer said the donkey had died. When Jean Paul asked for his money back, the farmer said he had already spent it. Jean Paul decided to raffle off the dead donkey and ended up making a profit of $898. When the farmer asked about the donkey later on, Jean Paul said he had raffled it off and only one person complained so he gave them their money back. Additionally, there is a jokes thread on Physics Forums where all jokes should be shared.
MartinJH
A Cajun named, Jean Paul, moved to Texas and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."

"Well, then, just give me my money back."

"Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

"OK, then. Just unload the donkey."

"What you going to do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

"Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with the Cajun and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?"

"I raffled him off. I sold 500 hundred tickets at two dollars apiece, and made a profit of $898."

"Didn't anyone complain?"

"Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

Physics news on Phys.org
We have a jokes thread and you were given the link. Please place all jokes into the joke thread.

BTW, your duck joke was hysterical, you should put it in the jokes area too so it won't be lost.

Here is the jokes thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=25301

1. What is "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" about?

"The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" is a fictional story that follows a group of Cajun friends who participate in a donkey raffle in their small Louisiana town. The story explores themes of friendship, luck, and the comical mishaps that ensue during the raffle.

2. Is "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" based on a true story?

No, "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" is a work of fiction and is not based on a true story. However, it is inspired by the rich Cajun culture and traditions of Louisiana.

3. Who is the target audience for "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale"?

The target audience for "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" is anyone who enjoys humorous and heartwarming stories with a touch of Cajun culture. It may also appeal to readers who are interested in exploring different cultures through literature.

4. What message does "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" convey?

"The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale" conveys the message of the importance of friendship and the power of positive thinking. It also reminds readers to embrace their unique cultural traditions and to find joy in unexpected situations.

5. Are there any sequels or spin-offs to "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale"?

At this time, there are no sequels or spin-offs planned for "The Donkey Raffle: A Cajun's Tale". However, the author may explore the possibility in the future.