Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Earth Analemma and Orthonormal Coordinate Systems

1. Feb 16, 2013 #1
    Hi.

I have been researching the Earth-Sun analemma and I found this document about deriving the Earth-Sun analemma via orthonormal coordinate systems.

Unfortunately I do not know very much about orthonormal coordinate systems and while I understand the first bit about elliptical angles, I get a little confused throughout the rest of the document. It really starts to lose me around equation (11). Where does that come from? What is the logic behind it?

I have already looked at the web site Analemma.com and understood it but this other document on orthonormal systems looks to be a lot more accurate and sophisticated and less estimated.

If anyone would be willing to help me understand this paper (more or less starting with the introduction of orthonormal coordinates) I would greatly appreciate it.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted