Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The easy way to do things

1. Dec 19, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

1). Never bother to fold your underwear. Who cares anyway?

2). Instead of buying Christmas cards, trying to remember who all gets a card, addressing them all, and then paying for stamps, just take all of the cards that you receive, write "Thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you" inside of each card, mark the envelopes "Wrong address, please return to sender", and stick them in the mailbox.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: I gave up on getting Christmas cards out in a timely manner, so instead, just save all the return addresses from the ones I receive, use those to address the cards, and jot inside, "Happy New Year" and they usually get in the mail sometime between Christmas and New Years (on the downside, what if I accidentally start a new tradition of sending New Years cards in addition to Christmas cards?! :eek:)

I have one to add to the list:
    When preparing a holiday dinner, recruit the early arrivals as additional kitchen staff. If they showed up early, they must have wanted to help prepare the food.

4. Dec 19, 2006 #3

turbo

Gold Member

My cousin's older daughter always urged her parents to get to our house early on Christmas day (we spent every Christmas with them) so she could help me make my marinaded spicy hickory-smoked beef jerky. I never actually dried out the strips on the smoker, but cooked them until they were medium-rare and tender. She helped me skewer the strips with toothpicks and hang them from the smoker grate, but what she really wanted was to help with the "taste-testing". She and I ate a lot of fairly rare smoked steak that way. We pressed the younger daughter into service making shrimp egg-rolls (her favorite), and they would both help me top the pizzas. Christmas was kind of a "snack celebration" for us. No real meal, just a succession of appetizers and favorite foods all through the day with conversation and music.

5. Dec 19, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry, Ivan, but my system is far more effective.
    1) What underwear?
    2) Ignore X-mas.
    :biggrin:

6. Dec 19, 2006 #5
    OMG a cammando scrooge:bugeye:

7. Dec 19, 2006 #6

radou

Homework Helper

1.) I absolutely agree. Btw, that holds for socks, too.

2.) A great idea, but it won't work if everyone will do that. :biggrin:

8. Dec 19, 2006 #7
    You can't not fold them!! Your draw would end up in such a mess and then you can't find that the right underwear that you want to wear that particular day it just would never work. And Socks must always be folded or atleast put neatly with the other pair otherwise you will end up with odd socks! So in the long run you end up spending more time looking for them
    As for christmas cards I really do try but I always manage to forget someone

9. Dec 19, 2006 #8

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Here we have a HUGE difference between men and women:

caring about underwear and socks!

10. Dec 19, 2006 #9
    You have to care about underwear and socks - they have to look nice and match! What happens if something goes wrong and you have to go to hospital and the doctor sees your underwear and it doesn't match!! And you can't wear black underwear under white and have to wear g's under tight pants utherwise you get undie lines so you have to know where everything in your draw/(s) is/are

11. Dec 19, 2006 #10

radou

Homework Helper

Doesn't match to what? :confused: :tongue2:

12. Dec 19, 2006 #11
    Remeber alot of girls wear two set underwear: bra and whatever undies you chose - g's, t's, v's, cheekies, hipseters, boyleg etc....
    Its best if you wear a matching set bra matching with undies

13. Dec 19, 2006 #12
    My solution is to not wear underwear at all!

14. Dec 19, 2006 #13

radou

Homework Helper

Yeah, but...I'm like...not a girl, you know. :biggrin:

15. Dec 19, 2006 #14

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What are "cheekies"? Sound a lot like Quaoar's suggestion to me!

16. Dec 19, 2006 #15
    cheekies are umm... trying to think of the best way to describe them... they kind of in between normal undies and a g in a way

17. Dec 19, 2006 #16

radou

Homework Helper

And what are g's? :tongue2:

18. Dec 19, 2006 #17
    Haha I do that sometimes :uhh:

19. Dec 19, 2006 #18

verty

Homework Helper

Look on images.google, you'll find a pic. (for cheekies)

20. Dec 19, 2006 #19
    For some reason I think the doctor is going to have more important thing on his mind than whether or not your underwear matches.

21. Dec 19, 2006 #20
    g-strings, then t's are t-strings, v's are s-string and they are all variations of each other but most people call them all g-string which is incorrect

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?