Is There An Easier Way to Handle Christmas Cards and Underwear?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: But not in a "butt floss" sense, right? :tongue2:In summary, the conversation covers various tips for simplifying tasks and saving time during the holiday season. These include not bothering to fold underwear, using received Christmas cards to send to others, recruiting early arrivals as kitchen staff, and implementing a "snack celebration" instead of a traditional meal. The conversation also touches on the importance of matching underwear and socks, and the difference between men and women in regards to caring about these items.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1). Never bother to fold your underwear. Who cares anyway?

2). Instead of buying Christmas cards, trying to remember who all gets a card, addressing them all, and then paying for stamps, just take all of the cards that you receive, write "Thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you" inside of each card, mark the envelopes "Wrong address, please return to sender", and stick them in the mailbox.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
2). Instead of buying Christmas cards, trying to remember who all gets a card, addressing them all, and then paying for stamps, just take all of the cards that you receive, write "Thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you" inside of each card, mark the envelopes "Wrong address, please return to sender", and stick them in the mailbox.

:rofl: I gave up on getting Christmas cards out in a timely manner, so instead, just save all the return addresses from the ones I receive, use those to address the cards, and jot inside, "Happy New Year" and they usually get in the mail sometime between Christmas and New Years (on the downside, what if I accidentally start a new tradition of sending New Years cards in addition to Christmas cards?! :eek:)

I have one to add to the list:
When preparing a holiday dinner, recruit the early arrivals as additional kitchen staff. If they showed up early, they must have wanted to help prepare the food.

Moonbear said:
I have one to add to the list:
When preparing a holiday dinner, recruit the early arrivals as additional kitchen staff. If they showed up early, they must have wanted to help prepare the food.
My cousin's older daughter always urged her parents to get to our house early on Christmas day (we spent every Christmas with them) so she could help me make my marinaded spicy hickory-smoked beef jerky. I never actually dried out the strips on the smoker, but cooked them until they were medium-rare and tender. She helped me skewer the strips with toothpicks and hang them from the smoker grate, but what she really wanted was to help with the "taste-testing". She and I ate a lot of fairly rare smoked steak that way. We pressed the younger daughter into service making shrimp egg-rolls (her favorite), and they would both help me top the pizzas. Christmas was kind of a "snack celebration" for us. No real meal, just a succession of appetizers and favorite foods all through the day with conversation and music.

Ivan Seeking said:

Sorry, Ivan, but my system is far more effective.
1) What underwear?
2) Ignore X-mas.
:biggrin:

OMG a cammando scrooge:bugeye:

Ivan Seeking said:

1.) I absolutely agree. Btw, that holds for socks, too.

2.) A great idea, but it won't work if everyone will do that. :biggrin:

You can't not fold them! Your draw would end up in such a mess and then you can't find that the right underwear that you want to wear that particular day it just would never work. And Socks must always be folded or atleast put neatly with the other pair otherwise you will end up with odd socks! So in the long run you end up spending more time looking for them
As for christmas cards I really do try but I always manage to forget someone

rhuthwaite said:
You can't not fold them! Your draw would end up in such a mess and then you can't find that the right underwear that you want to wear that particular day it just would never work. And Socks must always be folded or atleast put neatly with the other pair otherwise you will end up with odd socks! So in the long run you end up spending more time looking for them
As for christmas cards I really do try but I always manage to forget someone

Here we have a HUGE difference between men and women:

caring about underwear and socks!

You have to care about underwear and socks - they have to look nice and match! What happens if something goes wrong and you have to go to hospital and the doctor sees your underwear and it doesn't match! And you can't wear black underwear under white and have to wear g's under tight pants utherwise you get undie lines so you have to know where everything in your draw/(s) is/are

rhuthwaite said:
...and the doctor sees your underwear and it doesn't match!

Doesn't match to what? :confused: :tongue2:

Remeber a lot of girls wear two set underwear: bra and whatever undies you chose - g's, t's, v's, cheekies, hipseters, boyleg etc...
Its best if you wear a matching set bra matching with undies

My solution is to not wear underwear at all!

rhuthwaite said:
Remeber a lot of girls wear two set underwear: bra and whatever undies you chose - g's, t's, v's, cheekies, hipseters, boyleg etc...

Yeah, but...I'm like...not a girl, you know. :biggrin:

rhuthwaite said:

What are "cheekies"? Sound a lot like Quaoar's suggestion to me!

cheekies are umm... trying to think of the best way to describe them... they kind of in between normal undies and a g in a way

rhuthwaite said:
cheekies are umm... trying to think of the best way to describe them... they kind of in between normal undies and a g in a way

And what are g's? :tongue2:

Quaoar said:
My solution is to not wear underwear at all!

Haha I do that sometimes :uhh:

Look on images.google, you'll find a pic. (for cheekies)

For some reason I think the doctor is going to have more important thing on his mind than whether or not your underwear matches.

radou said:
And what are g's? :tongue2:

g-strings, then t's are t-strings, v's are s-string and they are all variations of each other but most people call them all g-string which is incorrect

For some reason I think the doctor is going to have more important thing on his mind than whether or not your underwear matches.

... like how rich you are making him.

verty said:
Look on images.google, you'll find a pic. (for cheekies)

Just did so. Blah, I don't like them.

SticksandStones said:

what about the nurse or any random person around...

rhuthwaite said:
g-strings, then t's are t-strings, v's are s-string and they are all variations of each other but most people call them all g-string which is incorrect

So...they're pants made out of strings? Interesting. :biggrin:

radou said:
Just did so. Blah, I don't like them.

They aren't my favourite I don't think they are as comfortable as other types of underwear

rhuthwaite said:

Thanks for the lesson.. I'll be sure to show off my new found knowledge sometime! The chicks will love it! :biggrin:

rhuthwaite said:
what about the nurse or any random person around...

You don't think that they may have more important things to do? Like keep you alive and stuff?

verty said:
... like how rich you are making him.

Being a doctors daughter I generally get free medicals

SticksandStones said:
You don't think that they may have more important things to do? Like keep you alive and stuff?

Na they'll be looking at my underwear :biggrin:

radou said:
So...they're pants made out of strings? Interesting. :biggrin:

They are great, very comfortable and don't show underwear lines. Just don't try and play sport in them! Had to do that once after a dance class it was not fun :redface:

rhuthwaite said:
Na they'll be looking at my underwear :biggrin:

Wow. That's risky. If something happens to you and a doctor's intervention is required... You better wear some lame underwear. :wink:

Ivan Seeking said:

Your wife perhaps?

Although doctors/nurses could care less about what underwear you wear or if you are wearing any. All medical personnel I know say they feel that way... the years of training (and hence "seeing it all" :uhh: ) zaps all interest out of them. :yuck:

I don't think I could, you always feel good and heaps more confident in good underwear

rhuthwaite said:

All collectively known, in my area, as 'butt floss'.

Danger said:
All collectively known, in my area, as 'butt floss'.
Which raises the question "why fold underwear that are no bigger than a surgical mask - elastic included". :rofl: Heck! you could stash 100 of those rascals in a sandwich bag.

My wife and I have a friend who buys all her undies at Victoria's Secret. She can spend $70 buying a bra and matching panties. I can buy a pair of LL Bean flannel-lined jeans and a few shirts for that price. Victoria's Secret must have one hell of a profit margin!

<h2>1. What is the best way to organize Christmas cards and underwear?</h2><p>The best way to organize Christmas cards and underwear is to separate them into two categories and then further organize them by size or type. For Christmas cards, you can use a card organizer or a binder with plastic sleeves. For underwear, you can use drawer dividers or storage bins.</p><h2>2. How can I save time when handling Christmas cards and underwear?</h2><p>You can save time by creating a system for handling Christmas cards and underwear. This can include setting aside a specific time each day to write and send cards, and designating a specific day to do laundry and organize underwear. You can also ask for help from family members or use online services for sending cards.</p><h2>3. What is the best way to store Christmas cards and underwear?</h2><p>The best way to store Christmas cards and underwear is in a cool, dry place. For cards, you can use a storage box or a plastic bin with a lid to protect them from dust and moisture. For underwear, you can use a drawer or storage bin with a lid to keep them organized and protected.</p><h2>4. How can I make sure I don't forget to send Christmas cards or do laundry for underwear?</h2><p>You can set reminders on your phone or use a planner to keep track of important dates for sending cards and doing laundry. You can also create a checklist or schedule to follow to ensure you don't forget any tasks related to Christmas cards and underwear.</p><h2>5. Are there any alternative ways to handle Christmas cards and underwear?</h2><p>Yes, there are alternative ways to handle Christmas cards and underwear. For example, you can opt for e-cards instead of physical cards to save time and paper. You can also consider using a laundry service for washing and folding your underwear. Additionally, you can delegate tasks to family members or hire a professional organizer to help with organizing and handling these items.</p>

1. What is the best way to organize Christmas cards and underwear?

The best way to organize Christmas cards and underwear is to separate them into two categories and then further organize them by size or type. For Christmas cards, you can use a card organizer or a binder with plastic sleeves. For underwear, you can use drawer dividers or storage bins.

2. How can I save time when handling Christmas cards and underwear?

You can save time by creating a system for handling Christmas cards and underwear. This can include setting aside a specific time each day to write and send cards, and designating a specific day to do laundry and organize underwear. You can also ask for help from family members or use online services for sending cards.

3. What is the best way to store Christmas cards and underwear?

The best way to store Christmas cards and underwear is in a cool, dry place. For cards, you can use a storage box or a plastic bin with a lid to protect them from dust and moisture. For underwear, you can use a drawer or storage bin with a lid to keep them organized and protected.

4. How can I make sure I don't forget to send Christmas cards or do laundry for underwear?

You can set reminders on your phone or use a planner to keep track of important dates for sending cards and doing laundry. You can also create a checklist or schedule to follow to ensure you don't forget any tasks related to Christmas cards and underwear.

5. Are there any alternative ways to handle Christmas cards and underwear?

Yes, there are alternative ways to handle Christmas cards and underwear. For example, you can opt for e-cards instead of physical cards to save time and paper. You can also consider using a laundry service for washing and folding your underwear. Additionally, you can delegate tasks to family members or hire a professional organizer to help with organizing and handling these items.