Is There An Easier Way to Handle Christmas Cards and Underwear?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: But not in a "butt floss" sense, right? :tongue2:In summary, the conversation covers various tips for simplifying tasks and saving time during the holiday season. These include not bothering to fold underwear, using received Christmas cards to send to others, recruiting early arrivals as kitchen staff, and implementing a "snack celebration" instead of a traditional meal. The conversation also touches on the importance of matching underwear and socks, and the difference between men and women in regards to caring about these items.
This thread sure hit bottom...:biggrin:

My life would have been far better had I never learned that Danger doesn't wear underwear.

Physics news on Phys.org
Considering that at your age, your underwear is probably 'Depends', I'm not terribly concerned about your quality of life. :tongue:

My socks get thrown into a box (not a cardboard box, but still a box). It kinda wakes me up in the morning, it's like a little puzzle to find two that match.

I had a better system going a few years ago, just buy all the same socks and throw em in the box and you don't have to worry about it, but then people had to buy me socks and it got screwed up. :tongue:

Just keep a couple of blacks to the side in case of special events.

Danger said:
Considering that at your age, your underwear is probably 'Depends', I'm not terribly concerned about your quality of life. :tongue:

Ah, but you can't keep track of my age because you don't have that many fingers.

Of course Danger has found the easy way to land on the sun. No need for all of that expensive heat shielding, instead he plans to go at night.

I have to be pretty bored to bother folding underwear. I crudely sort it though, so that all the black sets are in one part of the drawer, and the white in another part, and various colors sort of land close to each other, so I only have to dig through half the drawer to find bras and panties that match. Not much point in worrying about your undies if you're in an accident though. Best to wear your worst ones with the worn elastic and holes, because if it's that bad of an accident, they'll be cut off you anyway, and are bound to be soiled by then.

Socks, I'm not so sure about. I think it's faster to sort them when they come out of the dryer so they go into my drawer in pairs (or stacks of all the same kind of sock...I finally made life easier by getting rid of a lot of old socks and buying a whole bunch of white socks of the exact same kind so I don't have to spend time matching, just grabbing any two white socks will guarantee a match, and then I did the same for black socks for wearing with slacks, a whole bunch of the same style. The brown socks still get me in trouble, because those are in various shades of brown and with patterns. Those are the only colors I deal with though, so no fussing with blue and green and whatever other colors...with the exception of two pairs of Christmas pattern socks that I didn't buy for myself but that are kind of fun, but those only get used a few days a year when I go to Christmas parties. I only have a small drawer for socks though, so I have to at least lay them out flat rather than toss them in all bunched up just to get them to fit in the drawer.

The easiest way to deal with socks and underwear, though, is to just leave them in the laundry basket. Then all you need are two laundry baskets, one for clean and one for dirty. When the clean basket is empty, wash the contents of the dirty basket and start over. :biggrin:

I fold. But for ease of folding, I don't fold the one I am wearing.

Ivan Seeking said:
Ah, but you can't keep track of my age because you don't have that many fingers.

The glove section of a Wal-Mart warehouse doesn't have that many fingers.

Danger said:
The glove section of a Wal-Mart warehouse doesn't have that many fingers.

The glove section? How would you know? You never leave the ladies underwear section.

Still working through that mannequin fetish, eh, Danger?

dontdisturbmycircles said:
My socks get thrown into a box (not a cardboard box, but still a box). It kinda wakes me up in the morning, it's like a little puzzle to find two that match.

My sock are:

white, white, white, black, white, white, blue.

They are made of

cotton, cotton, cotton, cotton, cotton, cotton, and the blue ones are my Thor-lo hiking socks.

Lesson: if they are the same color, they match.

turbo-1 said:
Which raises the question "why fold underwear that are no bigger than a surgical mask - elastic included". :rofl: Heck! you could stash 100 of those rascals in a sandwich bag.

My wife and I have a friend who buys all her undies at Victoria's Secret. She can spend $70 buying a bra and matching panties. I can buy a pair of LL Bean flannel-lined jeans and a few shirts for that price. Victoria's Secret must have one hell of a profit margin!

$70 for a matching set! that's a good price. Over here you will pay $70-100 on the bra alone then another 40 - 70 on the matching panties or g's plus there is the little camisole top that you never wear but have to get so that's another $90-120.

I don't think I've spent $70 article of clothing in my lifetime. I have some nice jeans that were $50ish, but I wouldn't spend more than that.

Awww I want to go to america or where ever you guys get cheap clothing, my clothing bills are massive. Yesterday got 2 t-shirts $60 each, jeans $180 and a couple of days ago new bag $145 on special, top $225 I really need to cut down

Just shop in cheaper stores, people.

I used to have a boss who was a millionare many times over, who shopped at the Goodwill store. Of course, this is the same guy who spent all of his time in Hawaii collecting golf balls lost in a lava flow next to a golf course. :uhh: