The effect of temperature on phosphorescence

Homework Statement:
What effect does heat have on a substance with phosphorescence properties?
Relevant Equations:
I had read somewhere that as the temperature increases, its lifetime decreases. But there was no further explanation. Of course, I don't know if it's true yet.

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
I did a Google search using your Problem Statement ('What effect does heat have on a substance with phosphorescence properties?'), and the 2nd hit gave the direct answer. Can you try that same search?

Also, is this really a schoolwork question or just something you were wondering about? I can move your thread to the general technical forums if it's not for schoolwork.

I did a Google search using your Problem Statement ('What effect does heat have on a substance with phosphorescence properties?'), and the 2nd hit gave the direct answer. Can you try that same search?

Also, is this really a schoolwork question or just something you were wondering about? I can move your thread to the general technical forums if it's not for schoolwork.
Did Google really give a direct answer?! I tried but failed. I'd better try again.
No, this is a homework.:smile:

berkeman
Mentor
Did Google really give a direct answer?! I tried but failed. I'd better try again.
No, this is a homework.:smile:
The Nature article is the 2nd hit on the Google search results list:

1617626888702.png

https://www.nature.com/articles/056102a0.pdf

1617626961328.png