Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: The efficiency of an engine

1. Jan 24, 2005 #1
    im curently learnin thermodynamics at school and the teacher makes it sooo boring... but i love physics nd its very interestin in the books such as resnick halliday... well neways... there was a problem.. in resnick.... trucker carryin certain volume of diesel travels to a place where temperature is bout 10-20k lesser than startin point... due to volume compression... volume reduces .. i got tht part.. initially i wondered where did the mass go... then i realized that the density changed..... nd the mass remain constant.. is my reasonin rite?.... so we were doin carnot engine cycle... nd then we came to efficiency.. i started wonderin wat effect the density of fuel has on the efficiency of an engine.... all the types... i wondered because... at the end of the question it was written... who pays for the fuel lost?

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted