1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The efficiency of an engine

1. Jan 24, 2005 #1
    im curently learnin thermodynamics at school and the teacher makes it sooo boring... but i love physics nd its very interestin in the books such as resnick halliday... well neways... there was a problem.. in resnick.... trucker carryin certain volume of diesel travels to a place where temperature is bout 10-20k lesser than startin point... due to volume compression... volume reduces .. i got tht part.. initially i wondered where did the mass go... then i realized that the density changed..... nd the mass remain constant.. is my reasonin rite?.... so we were doin carnot engine cycle... nd then we came to efficiency.. i started wonderin wat effect the density of fuel has on the efficiency of an engine.... all the types... i wondered because... at the end of the question it was written... who pays for the fuel lost?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted