'The end of the world? I can't wait'

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Christian fundamentalist Tim LaHaye is known for preaching about Armageddon and has made millions from his religious novels. He also counts former US President George Bush as a fan. Despite his controversial beliefs, LaHaye remains socially significant. However, discussions about religious beliefs are not allowed. Some may remember a television show a few years ago where two old men discussed the concept of the rapture and how one would disappear with Jesus. LaHaye has rationalized that in the rapture, everyone will look 33 years old. This has led some to question his ideas and label him as a lunatic. Despite this, there are still followers who believe in his teachings.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Christian fundamentalist Tim LaHaye preaches Armageddon, makes millions from religious novels - and counts George Bush a fan. Oliver Poole meets him...[continued]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2004/04/01/ftrev01.xml

I am posting this due to LaHayes' social significance. Please remember that we can't allow a debate about religious beliefs.

Physics news on Phys.org
I remember a few years ago while channel surfing there was a show with two old guys talking about the rapture and how you will disappear with Jesus. They said "if you are an airline pilot and the rapture comes, the fate of the passengers are in God's hands", do not worry about it." :eek:

From now on I'm making sure the person at the wheel is an atheist. :tongue:

I love how he's rationailzed that everyone will look 33 years old.

What A Lunatic!

And to think, people think I have CRAZY ideas!
The absolute fairy tales this bloke talks about, seem like a horrible mushie trip that just drags you down into froot-loop land.
I can't believe that people follow this idiot.

1. What do scientists say about the end of the world?

Scientists do not have a definitive answer about the end of the world. Many theories and predictions have been proposed, but there is no scientific evidence to support any specific date or event. It is important to approach claims about the end of the world with skepticism and critical thinking.

2. Is there a specific date or time when the world will end?

No, there is no specific date or time predicted for the end of the world. Many predictions have been made throughout history, but none have been scientifically proven. It is important to focus on living in the present and making positive changes for the future, rather than worrying about an impending doomsday.

3. Can humans cause the end of the world?

As humans, we have the capability to cause significant harm to the planet and its ecosystems. However, it is unlikely that our actions will directly lead to the end of the world. With advancements in technology and a growing understanding of environmental issues, it is possible for us to prevent catastrophic events and promote a sustainable future.

4. Are there any signs or warnings that the end of the world is near?

There are no scientifically proven signs or warnings that the end of the world is near. Some people may interpret natural disasters or global events as signs of an impending apocalypse, but these are often coincidental and can be explained by natural causes. It is important to remain level-headed and rely on scientific evidence rather than speculation or fear-mongering.

5. What can we do to prepare for the end of the world?

It is not productive or healthy to spend time preparing for an event that may never happen. Instead, we should focus on making positive changes in our own lives and in society to promote a sustainable future. This includes taking care of the environment, advocating for social and political change, and investing in education and technology. By working together, we can create a better world for future generations.