Ever heard of Loctite glue for dental implants?

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary, the Navy uses Loctite to fix things, red threadlocker is not as good, and zip ties are useful after the job.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
engineering flowchart.jpg
The Toolbox Essentials

tape and WD40 prepacked.jpg

Likes CalcNerd, DennisN, Evo and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
That's what we used to fix this.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 422
As a young sailor technician (ICFN E-3 - I Can't Fix Nothing - senior to E-2 ICFA - I Can Fix Anything), I learned; "If it moves, salute it. If you can't salute it, then paint it. If you can't paint it, then throw it over the side."

Likes davenn
When tape fails it's time for the big guns.
stylespilotshop_2278_9285673.jpg

JBWELD.jpg

image.php?id=218195.jpg

Last edited:
Likes davenn and Evo
Doug Huffman said:
As a young sailor technician (ICFN E-3 - I Can't Fix Nothing - senior to E-2 ICFA - I Can Fix Anything), I learned; "If it moves, salute it. If you can't salute it, then paint it. If you can't paint it, then throw it over the side."

That's the Navy version. In the Army, it's "If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, paint it green."

Likes davenn
Skip the red stuff. JB WELD is a better threadlocker and most people under-tighten bolts causing them not to cold weld so you need a Crescent-Hammer.

mpqq5mYbkxXHQer8qQhnLcQ.jpg

Last edited:
Likes davenn
nsaspook said:
Skip the red stuff. JB WELD is a better threadlocker and most people under-tighten bolts causing them not to cold weld so you need a Crescent-Hammer.

mpqq5mYbkxXHQer8qQhnLcQ.jpg

ahhh the micro adjuster :wink:

Mark44 said:
Then there's Loctite Red
View attachment 80987
LOL Mark, funny, you as a mentor, should post that ... isn't that what you guys use to close wayward threads ? :-p

nsaspook said:
When tape fails it's time for the big guns.
stylespilotshop_2278_9285673.jpg

Ohh yeah ! what would we do without zip ties ??!

Almost forgot one. It's useful after the job too.
438439-400.jpg

During the 70's the Navy defacto banned them as drug paraphernalia with the exception of two groups. Doc's and electronic techs. We usually had several clipped to our bell-bottoms just to spin-up the officers.

Likes davenn
Ya got to love Loctite, I told the guy doing my dental implant just Loctite the screw back into the socket and forget the tooth, he asked "what is Loctite?". The guy is dry as a popcorn fart. My dentist and his assistant thought it was a good idea until they figured out it would cost them money. We glue models together with it, just the best stuff available.

1. What is "The Engineer's Essentials"?

"The Engineer's Essentials" is a comprehensive guidebook that covers all the essential skills and knowledge required for engineers in various fields. It covers topics such as mathematics, physics, programming, and design principles.

2. Who is the target audience for "The Engineer's Essentials"?

The target audience for "The Engineer's Essentials" is primarily engineering students and professionals who want to strengthen their foundational knowledge and skills. It is also suitable for anyone interested in learning more about the core concepts and principles of engineering.

3. What sets "The Engineer's Essentials" apart from other engineering resources?

Unlike other engineering resources that focus on specific subjects or fields, "The Engineer's Essentials" covers a broad range of topics that are essential for all engineers. It provides a well-rounded foundation and can be used as a reference guide throughout an engineer's career.

4. Can "The Engineer's Essentials" be used for self-study?

Yes, "The Engineer's Essentials" is designed to be used for self-study. It includes clear explanations, examples, and practice problems to help readers understand and apply the concepts. It is also a useful tool for self-assessment and identifying areas for improvement.

5. Is "The Engineer's Essentials" suitable for both beginners and experienced engineers?

Yes, "The Engineer's Essentials" is suitable for engineers at all levels. It covers both fundamental and advanced topics, making it a valuable resource for beginners looking to build a strong foundation and for experienced engineers seeking to refresh their knowledge or learn new concepts.