Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Evo protection thread

1. Dec 31, 2007 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I did think about high guard armour, but that is not invented yet, any other full body protection is rather cumbersome, so what are the options.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2007 #2
    What the hell is this about?

4. Dec 31, 2007 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Wolram, you are such an angel!

Ok, anyone that posts here that doesn't understand gets banned for 10 days!

5. Dec 31, 2007 #4
    I propose a guard dog, a female retriever...

6. Dec 31, 2007 #5

Astronuc

Something like Gundam armor with a Kevlar inner layer with air cushioning and thermal control.

7. Dec 31, 2007 #6

Evo

Bladibla gets 10 "getting out of banning free" cards. A smart member. :devil:

8. Dec 31, 2007 #7
    She just needs a good man to boss around and do things for her. Then she can post about how he got hurt.

9. Dec 31, 2007 #8
    I could suggest something if I knew what this was about. I do enjoy your thoughful and kind remarks Evo, so I don't want anything bad to happen to you.

10. Dec 31, 2007 #9
    I'd say a good doctor to repair everything 'right' (forever) and two months paid vacation someplace where there is zero stress

two months?---I meant six

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  11. Dec 31, 2007 #10

:rofl:

How is JAWS OF DEATH doing by the way?

12. Jan 1, 2008 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: That certainly would be the best idea. Otherwise, I think we'll hire an interior decorator for her who specializes in padded wallpaper.

13. Jan 1, 2008 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Probably the best protection would be to bronze her and put her on the mantle.

Oh, never mind; she'd just fall off and hit her head on a log.

14. Jan 1, 2008 #13

wolram

Gold Member

I was thinking of a belt fitted with GPS and satellite surveillance, combine the two and any time Evo is near any thing dangerous the belt will give her a little electric shock.

15. Jan 1, 2008 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It'd have to be damned accurate sat nav other wise shes gonna get shocked within 6 feet of anything.

Some 1 piece racing leathers would be good since they'd help set Evo's arm and movement would be slow with the protection of some kevlar body armour over strategic places. Going to the toilet is an issue though. :uhh:

16. Jan 1, 2008 #15
    Getting dates might be a problem unless we throw in some matching stilettos and find someone with a penchant for body armor.

Then again....... it could add to her mystique.

17. Jan 1, 2008 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, there's probably someone out there into that...there's someone into pretty much anything you can imagine (and some things you wish you hadn't imagined).

But, we might run into the trouble of her not being able to run out of the way of the boulder that suddenly falls from nowhere if her mobility is reduced, and Wollie's shock suit is likely to electrocute her. C'mon guys, you have to think harder...this is Evo who can damage herself in the most unlikely and unexpected ways!

18. Jan 1, 2008 #17

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Who needs stilettos when you can have these:

[​IMG]

:!!)

19. Jan 1, 2008 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, those look nice and safe. :approve: Do the heels light up so oncoming cars can see her at night? I think we need to add retractable cleats to the bottoms of the shoes too, so she has enough traction to avoid sliding into the icy ravine, but can retract them to avoid puncturing herself with them any other time. :biggrin:

20. Jan 1, 2008 #19
    [​IMG]

or better yet:

[​IMG]

21. Jan 1, 2008 #20

Evo

Oh my, I went to sleep in my flannel cat and dog PJ's and I wake up in full body armor and bubble wrapped with a GPS cattle prod. :bugeye:

kurdt, love the boots, but Moonbear is right, we need to add retractable tungsten cleats, or I can just slip my ice cleats over them! I do have a full line of klutz accessories.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?