The Existence of Absolutely Nothing

• Thread starter Crackpot
  • Start date
Hi Polly

Yes, this is pretty much what science says. You can take -1 to represent antimatter, for instance, and +1 to be the ordinary kind. All the pluses and minuses in the universe are thought to net out to zero in the end.

The big question is what does that zero represent.

Hmmm

Originally posted by Canute
Hi Polly

Yes, this is pretty much what science says. You can take -1 to represent antimatter, for instance, and +1 to be the ordinary kind. All the pluses and minuses in the universe are thought to net out to zero in the end.

The big question is what does that zero represent.
How can this be? since Nothing is supposed to be the exact opposite of everything, how can matter be the opposite of anti-matter in a representation like that? I'm saying that mathematics is one of the worst representaions one can apply to the physical world. Your try to compare a 3-dimensional world with a 1-dimentional concept. I mean sure maths has its uses but not here and now.

I agree. But maths can help in defining the problems and identifying incorrect solutions.

Last edited:
the disintegration of a previous universe?

Another way that the universe is 0 sum universe is that matter and energy is positive energy and gravity is negative energy and the sum of all the universe is Zero. This is one reason some people speculate that the universe may be a virtual particle that escaped falling back into the vacuum because of inflation.