The Facebook

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
For those in college, how many of you have posted a profile on www.thefacebook.com ? At my school this network has been getting very popular.

Answers and Replies

I've been on for a long time, lets get a PF facebook network going. Anyone who is on facebook search me and and invite me as a friend.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've been on it for a while, but (last time I looked!) there were only a few UK Universities on it, so I only have about 4 friends!

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I will when I can work out what my username and password are!

dduardo
Staff Emeritus
I got an invite from SpaceTiger!

I sent you an invite Greg.

Evo
Mentor
What does this do?

Evo
Mentor
Evo said:
What does this do?
Oh nevermind, I risked clicking on it (I'm at work).

What does this do?

Sorry dear, no old people allowed. :biggrin:

(seriously though, you need a .edu email to be able to get into face book.)

Evo
Mentor
gravenewworld said:
:grumpy:

You'll regret that. :devil:

gravenewworld said:
(seriously though, you need a .edu email to be able to get into face book.)
Old people are allowed, as long as they are a professor or employee of some university. Of course, I don't know too many professors who would get on Facebook...:)

Yep. I'll be joining Facebook when I get my university e-mail address.

i'm on it... if you really want to friend me i'm space tigers only (i think) umass friend. and apparently he's dduardo's friens now, who's now greg's friend too. so start with greg and you'll eventually get to me...

Last edited:
Oooo I can't wait to befriend Gale!

z-component said:
Oooo I can't wait to befriend Gale!
why?? thrill of the chase? maybe i should make it take longer to find me.. hehe.

Evo
Mentor
You know, I could get on here as one of my daughters and track you down. :mad:

It says that it supports the college I work at but it wont accept my e-mail adress for some reason.

Does it end purely in @yourschool.edu? It may not register you as being part of the school if it's like @staff.yourschool.edu or something.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TheStatutoryApe said:
It says that it supports the college I work at but it wont accept my e-mail adress for some reason.
Can it distinguish between student and faculty/staff addresses? Some universities have different servers for student accounts with different domain names that'll give it away who is student vs non-student.

Evo said:
You know, I could get on here as one of my daughters and track you down. :mad:
Evo's still upset about the your little comment, gravenewworld... :uhh:

It's ok, Evo. You're not old! :approve: Why would you wanna be a Facebook member anyway? Too many crazy college kids... I can't wait!

mrjeffy321
Science Advisor
Moonbear said:
Can it distinguish between student and faculty/staff addresses? Some universities have different servers for student accounts with different domain names that'll give it away who is student vs non-student.
From the looks of it, it cannot. Although technically I do have an [email protected] email, I registered without the .student part and it works fine.

A bunch of my friends pestered me into joining and since then, have pretty much ignored me on it. Although I have found people on there who I havent seen for many many years.

Evo
Mentor
z-component said:
Evo's still upset about the your little comment, gravenewworld... :uhh:
It's ok, Evo. You're not old! :approve: Why would you wanna be a Facebook member anyway? Too many crazy college kids... I can't wait!
That's ok, I belong to the oldgeezers.com network. Those of us that have controlable arthritis and can still type are a really fun group! :frown:

hey guys,
this is my first post in about a year :s
but yes i have just registered on face book,
so who wants a friend hahaha

Moonbear said:
It allows both student and staff accounts. It even asks if you are student, alumni, undergrad, faculty, staff, ect..
It may be a different domain though since I put in the school name with out "college" after it (which my adress includes "college") and it took it. Ofcourse I wont get the confirmation e-mail because the adress isn't right. I can submit it to be added though I think.