Is String Theory Still Taken Seriously or Has it Become a Joke?

In summary, The conversation revolves around a parody website that pokes fun at string theory and its complexities. The participants briefly discuss the possibility of string theory being a joke and question whether people are still pursuing PhDs in it. However, the conversation mostly centers on the comedic elements of the parody website and its references to various scientific concepts.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No they won't win the smart money is on the KISS theory, What are calliope Yeow!-trics? Anyone? :smile:

Has String theory fallen so far that it is now the but of jokes? I wonder if people are still doing P.h.D's in it?

You mean that paper is a joke , it was just beginning to make sense
to me, i guess, (The t quark is also the tea quark of the MI tea-bag [13],
should have tiped me off. :grumpy:

I think this comes from a B.S.

makes just as much SNES as the real theories.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
No they won't win the smart money is on the KISS theory, What are calliope Yeow!-trics? Anyone? :smile:

Has String theory fallen so far that it is now the but of jokes? I wonder if people are still doing P.h.D's in it?

It is the way the mother of Orpheus kept her beautiful voice, the translation has suffered through the ages, but the trick was to Yeow for ten minutes a day.

1. What is the "final" string theory?

The "final" string theory, also known as the theory of everything, is a theoretical framework that aims to unify all of the known fundamental forces of nature, including gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces.

2. How does the string theory differ from other theories in physics?

The string theory differs from other theories in physics because it posits that the fundamental building blocks of the universe are not particles, but rather tiny, vibrating strings. These strings are believed to be the source of all matter and energy in the universe.

3. Is the string theory supported by evidence?

At this time, the string theory is still a theoretical concept and has not yet been proven through empirical evidence. However, it is a highly studied and debated topic in the scientific community, and many physicists believe it has the potential to explain many mysteries of the universe.

4. What are the potential implications of the string theory?

If the string theory is proven to be valid, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe. It could potentially provide a complete and unified theory of physics, allowing us to better understand the fundamental nature of reality and potentially unlock new technologies.

5. What challenges are faced in developing a complete string theory?

Developing a complete string theory faces many challenges, including the need for a mathematical framework that can fully describe the behavior of strings, as well as the difficulty in testing and verifying the theory through experimentation. It also faces criticism and skepticism from some in the scientific community due to its complex and abstract nature.