The first day without a cigarette

• Thread starter radou
  • Start date
radou
Homework Helper
One of my sons brought a cold back with him from college and gave it to us. Stuffed nose, difficult breathing, stand-ten-feet-back dragon breath --- just like smoking!
I believe. Btw, the worst component is the smoking cough. It's specially disgusting, because it has got a cigarette-flavour, literally! I experienced it pretty often, and I thank my lungs and complete respiratory system for being sensitive enough to warn me that cigarettes aren't my type of sport. :rolleyes:

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Gaja, everybody! Glad to hear it's going well. :smile:

seirousboutit
starting tonight

Evo
Mentor
I keep smoking with a cold. The lungs feel more clear, though I do know its altogether for the worse.

Good luck to you, seirousboutit!

So, you folks from 2007, how are you making out?

I quit smoking cigarettes four years and seven months ago after smoking for just over 28 years. It's a challenging thing to accomplish, especially depending on how your body metabolises the drugs involved. I have to admit, I still think about smoking at least once a day. I wouldn't ever even touch one again because I know I'd be hooked again immediately. And I couldn't bear to go through all of the physical difficulties I had in order to quit. It can be a super tough haul beyond the psychological aspects.

So, please tell. How goes it?

Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've been cigarette free for about 14 years after smoking for 15. When I was smoking, I couldn't imagine not smoking. Now I can't imagine going back. I am soooooo glad that I quit! The first six months were the worst though.