The Foundation Novels!

• Thread starter Cladson
  • Start date
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is Great!!!!! Outstanding!!!! A superlative work, and a lot of fun. :rofl:

I don't recommend Pandora's Star by peter f. hamilton. Unless you like a painfully large amount of detail

Amp1
Since fantasy came up I'll quickly add anything by Terry Pratchet, My personal Fav 'Lost Continent', SF I would suggest, Gregg Bear 'The Forge of God' and sequel, Jeffery(?) Carver 'From A Changling Star', also Octavia Butler anything by her.

I love the foundation triology. Foundation triology, 2001 and its sequals and the hechee saga is some of the best books I have ever read. Asimov, clarke and Pohl knew how to write sci-fi :approve:

To mention another sci-fi classic. Solaris by Stanisław Lem!! that book scared the **** out of me when I read it. :bugeye:

Cladson said:
Yes I am in the 10th grade right now. I couldn't put them down, even during class. Does anyone know of any other good science fiction books or series? I need more to read. I just bought pandora star by Peter F. Hamilton anyone read it?
I would rank Pandoras star upp there with the best of them. I couldnt put it down, utterly awsome. But I have always had a weakspot for thick books. If a book is above 1000 pages I am in love:rofl:
To bad Judas unchained isnt quite as good :(

I realy realy realy recomend Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds. Fascinating stuff. Hes second book in the revelation space universe chasm city is also incredible. Cant wait to pick upp his other books.

brin and gibson are two of the better resent authors
brin for his aliens [uplift wars ] and gibson for his computer teck

Evo said:
Yes history and more classical literature. We have no appropriate place anymore for science fiction and other genres. I personally LOVE science fiction.
We used to have a forum where we could discuss books. I miss that.
Mine was supposed to be for what ever sort of fiction or even non-fiction that was for entertainment reading. I'll have to find it and maybe ressurect it.