The French headscarf ban

• News
  • Thread starter Shahil
  • Start date
Zero

Originally posted by phatmonky
Scientology, Ch’ondogyo , and the Raelian religion have all been created in the last 150 years
Yeah, but they are based on the same silly notions and attitudes.

I'm a supporter of religious freedom, of course, even though I think they are all equally nonsense. A ban on religious symbology for students is a violation of that freedom, and I can't imagine a prevailing interest in banning headscarves, skullcaps, or crosses.

member 5645

Originally posted by Zero
Yeah, but they are based on the same silly notions and attitudes.

I'm a supporter of religious freedom, of course, even though I think they are all equally nonsense. A ban on religious symbology for students is a violation of that freedom, and I can't imagine a prevailing interest in banning headscarves, skullcaps, or crosses.
I'm just giving you a hard time for generalizing all religions as dark age traditions :wink:

Zero

Originally posted by phatmonky
I'm just giving you a hard time for generalizing all religions as dark age traditions :wink:
Well, it is pretty easy to do, isn't it? At least it allows me to be fairly unbiased towards religion, since my dislike is pretty regular across the board.

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
At least it allows me to be fairly unbiased towards religion, since my dislike is pretty regular across the board.
It's pretty clear you are biased against religion; I presume you meant that it allows you to be unbiased between different religions?

Zero
Originally posted by Hurkyl
It's pretty clear you are biased against religion; I presume you meant that it allows you to be unbiased between different religions?
Right. I am not in favor of any single religion; I apply the same standards to all of them.