Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Future in 5 Years

1. Aug 26, 2004 #1
    Put simply, I would like to know what some of you think the future will bring in five years. What do you think the world will be like in the year 2009? What will the population size be? What will the latest gadgets and electronics do? How much will we rely on oil, alternative sources of power, etc? What will foreign affairs be like? Who will be the next president of the USA?

Anyway you get the idea. There's no right or wrong answer. I 'm just looking for some fun predictions on what the near future brings. Whether its for next year or for 2009. Some of you may already have some insight on the next great fad? Others may simply be making wild assumptions. Whatever the case, I think it would be fun to "paint" a future we may live in and see how much of it comes true.

Anyone Game? Make your prediction now.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2004 #2
  4. Aug 26, 2004 #3
    Spandex one-piece skintight clothing. It always seems to turn out that way in sci-fi movies.
  5. Aug 27, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

:biggrin: :biggrin: Yes!!! And they are always the same dull grey colour!!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?