Is Bluetooth the Future of PC Applications?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of Bluetooth technology for PC applications and why it hasn't taken off as expected. Despite having a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, there are limited options for Bluetooth-compatible printers. However, the speaker notes that Bluetooth technology has now become more common, with the ability to connect phones to cars and external speakers. It is mentioned that it took 12 years for Bluetooth to become widely adopted.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I've always thought the concept of bluetooth was awesome for PC's. I have a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse and they are great. Why hasn't Bluetooth technology taken off for PC applications? I've seen like, 2 printers that are bluetooth compatible and one got taken off of newegg and the other is like, a monochromatic laser printer :cry: . I've always thought that a good inkjet printer using bluetooth would be awesome. A 802.11 wireless printer is neat but i like the idea that i could bring the printer elsewhere.

So why hasn't bluetooth taken off with such great applications?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
So why hasn't bluetooth taken off with such great applications?

It has taken off now! I link my phone to my car, to my external speakers all the time. I bluetooth my keyboard, mouse and print. No wires ma!

And it only took 12 years... :oldeyes:

:smile:

berkeman said:
And it only took 12 years... :oldeyes:

:smile:
haha I think looking back Pengwuino only needed to wait a couple more years. Even my 2010 Civic has bluetooth.

Likes berkeman

1. What new features can we expect from Bluetooth in the future?

In the future, we can expect Bluetooth to have improved audio quality and range, as well as faster data transfer speeds. There may also be advancements in power efficiency, allowing for longer battery life for connected devices.

2. Will Bluetooth be able to connect to more devices simultaneously?

Yes, the future of Bluetooth includes the ability to connect to a larger number of devices simultaneously, which will greatly improve its versatility and convenience for users.

3. Can we expect better compatibility between different versions of Bluetooth?

Yes, Bluetooth is constantly evolving and efforts are being made to improve compatibility between different versions. The future may bring more seamless connections between devices with different Bluetooth versions.

4. How will security be improved in the future of Bluetooth?

Security is a top priority for Bluetooth developers, and as technology advances, so do the methods used to secure data. In the future, we can expect stronger encryption and more sophisticated security measures to be implemented in Bluetooth devices.

5. Will Bluetooth be integrated into more devices in the future?

Yes, Bluetooth technology is already being integrated into a wide range of devices, and this trend is expected to continue in the future. We can expect to see Bluetooth being incorporated into more home appliances, cars, and even medical devices.