Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The future of conservatism

1. Apr 8, 2009 #1
    http://news.google.com/news?btcid=8db0ab72be47535d

I just stumbled into this extract and now really want to read that book. I think it is a good book as it does not seem to promote hate or religious propaganda. Currently, I also have same opinion as M Edwards (one that is bold). Anyone have read this book?
    I don't want something like book written by Sarah Palin.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2009 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

McCain's daughter, Meghan McCain, is sounding far more reasonable than the now defunct neocons.

She is supposed to write a book as well.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hc3IwuI_lBNoeieOsT6OCwHKSEAgD97FPAF80 [Broken]

Being that she is young, she may be representitive of where the party is going.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Apr 10, 2009 #3
    Meghan McCain has about as much authority as Joe the Plumber.

The modern republican party is unsustainable, the sooner it collapses and dies the better. Afterwards, the same needs to happen to the democratic party. They are incoherent alliances of irreconciliable ideologies. They work so well in their present form by dominating the voting landscape and pushing out the possibility of rational choices. The sooner they die, the better.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Apr 10, 2009 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know if she has what it takes to run for office, but she certainly has a far more valuable perspective than JTP. She has been around politics her entire life and has a very powerful father.

6. Apr 10, 2009 #5
    See Also: George W. Bush

7. Apr 12, 2009 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Listen to her [McCain] talk sometime. She is not her father.

While she doesn't seem to have any political ambitions, even Jenna Bush sounds like a reasonable person. One day she commented [or implied] that while she loves her dad, she doesn't agree with much of what he did.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook