Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The gammer

1. Sep 11, 2005 #1

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yesterday, derivative, partial derivative and I encountered this old gentleman
    [​IMG]
    who called himself Gamer Fleetfoot. He related to us the story of a meeting of Queen Elisabeth and her 3 highest councilors on how future explorations of the earth should be conducted.
    The first counselor suggested exploring along the equator, he picked up an apple and began to cut in half demonstrating his path. Halfway through the cut, the 2nd councilor stopped him, “NO! that is not the correct path to explore, we must explore pole to pole along a meridian, as thus, he also began to demonstrate his path with the apple. Once again half way through the cut he was stopped by the 3rd councilor, NO! that is not the correct way to explore, we must travel equator to equator through the north pole, he took the apple and demonstrated with a cut. This time the queen interjected before the cut was complete, Must I solve every problem.. the path of exploration will be equator to equator through the south pole,. She also demonstrated the path with a cut through the apple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thus we have the committee cut apple.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2005 #2

Tsu

Gold Member

I'D date him... :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. Sep 12, 2005 #3

Mk

Damn! Sexy thang! :!!) But does he pass the fork test...

5. Sep 12, 2005 #4
    He looks to be married, by the shiney ring on his left finger.

6. Sep 12, 2005 #5

cronxeh

Gold Member

That guy whacked Frodo and took his ring!

7. Sep 12, 2005 #6

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I put this thread up as a lead in to a Saturday morning trip. We visited a local Renaissance fair

Here is the entrance sign
    [​IMG]

and an overview of the fair

[​IMG]
    This is a pretty small affair but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity of costumed characters there were.
    There were peasants,
    [​IMG]

A begger calling for alms
    [​IMG]

A parade of "horny" guys
    [​IMG]
    Caviliers
    [​IMG]
    Ladys??
    [​IMG]
    Can't forget the stocks
    [​IMG]

And some impressive horses and men in arms
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Made for a very intertaining morning.
    Wish you all could have been there.

8. Sep 12, 2005 #7
    Helloooo Nurse!! :wink:
    I've dated two women that have been Renn Faire fans. Currently I am very near dating a third. :approve:

9. Sep 12, 2005 #8
    I used to think that rennaissance fairs were like extra dorky Star Trek conventions.

That was before I found out about the mead and turkey legs.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?