The Get Well Christina thread

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation revolves around sending well wishes to Christina who is currently sick. The group shares their own experiences with illness and offers advice for a speedy recovery. They also discuss the health of Turbo's father and the potential factors that contribute to his quick recovery from illness. The conversation ends with Christina expressing her gratitude for the kind words and support.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
The "Get Well Christina" thread

lisab already poured hot chicken soup on you so I thought I'd start a "get well" thread.

Get better!

Physics news on Phys.org

Ah, is Christina sick? That's too bad. Get well soon.

More healthy wishes winging their way to you Tina. :smile:

Sending all good healing thoughts your way. Feel better soon.Heres some nice Jello for you.

jello.jpg

Repeating my wishes here.

I hope it breaks soon, Christina. My father was feeling under the weather last week, and since he's 83, I was worried about him getting a bad flu. It broke within a few days, so it seems he had a mild case of the common cold. Some of his poker buddies have been fighting a lingering cold for weeks, so he dodged a bullet. Wishing you the same luck!

Aww Thanks a lot guys and gals :biggrin:

Ooo I love the Jello, hypatia!

That's good that your father's feeling better, Turbo.

I hope I get back to 100% by next week.
Thanks again.:smile:

~christina~ said:
That's good that your father's feeling better, Turbo.
He's overweight, with high blood pressure, arthritis and gout, but he walks several miles every day - that could be a factor in how quickly he shook it off.

I feel just about completely better. Sleeping for three days straight, did the trick.
The funny thing is that, I have very diminished sense of smell.
My nose isn't congested that much. It sort of takes the enjoyability out of eating food. :frown:

turbo-1 said:
He's overweight, with high blood pressure, arthritis and gout, but he walks several miles every day - that could be a factor in how quickly he shook it off.
I would think that someone who walks several miles each day, wouldn't be overweight and wouldn't have high blood pressure. Odd, is it his diet? or is it hereditary?

best wishes, christina

Chronos said:
best wishes, christina

Thanks Chronos :smile:

~christina~ said:
I would think that someone who walks several miles each day, wouldn't be overweight and wouldn't have high blood pressure. Odd, is it his diet? or is it hereditary?
His mother was overweight AND she was a cook for a large log-driving outfit, so her cooking was high-calorie, and that's how my father ate. He still eats a lot of fatty stuff and he loves sweets.

1. What is "The Get Well Christina" thread?

"The Get Well Christina" thread is a virtual space on an online forum or social media platform where people can come together to offer their support, well wishes, and positive thoughts to a person named Christina who is in need of healing or recovery.

2. Who is Christina and why is she in need of well wishes?

Christina is a person who may be going through a difficult time due to illness, injury, or other challenges. The specific details of her situation may vary, but the common thread is that she needs encouragement and positive energy to aid in her recovery.

3. How can I participate in "The Get Well Christina" thread?

If you have come across "The Get Well Christina" thread, you can participate by simply leaving a comment or message expressing your well wishes and support for Christina. You can also share the thread with others who may be interested in joining.

4. Is there any scientific evidence that positive thoughts and well wishes can aid in healing?

While the exact mechanisms are not fully understood, there is some evidence that positive thoughts and well wishes can have a positive impact on healing. Studies have shown that a positive mindset can help reduce stress, boost the immune system, and improve overall well-being, all of which can contribute to a faster recovery process.

5. Can I send physical gifts or cards to Christina through "The Get Well Christina" thread?

The purpose of "The Get Well Christina" thread is to offer virtual support and well wishes, so sending physical gifts or cards through the thread may not be possible. However, if you wish to send something physical, you can reach out to the thread organizer or Christina's direct contacts to inquire about the best way to do so.