The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting

• Bug
  • Thread starter Ibix
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker received a trophy for being a member for seven years, but noticed that it was awarded eight weeks early. They then realized that their joining date was incorrect and jokingly mentioned wanting to invent a time machine to fix it. They also updated their trophy to 10 years. Another member joined in the conversation and mentioned feeling guilty for still having their trophy, to which the speaker responded that the trophy is not retroactive. The conversation ends with a joke about receiving a gift card for cashing out trophies.
Ibix
Science Advisor
Insights Author
A minor one.

I've just got a trophy for being a member for seven years. I've no intention of getting banned before October 20th but it seems like either my joining date is wrong or the trophy's being awarded about eight weeks early.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
A minor one.

I've just got a trophy for being a member for seven years. I've no intention of getting banned before October 20th but it seems like either my joining date is wrong or the trophy's being awarded about eight weeks early.
Then my day count is wrong, one sec

Likes Ibix
Greg Bernhardt said:
Then my day count is wrong, one sec
Heh - I hate date arithmetic. Some colleagues and I have agreed to invent a time machine and go back in time and get the calendar constructed in a simple way.

Ibix said:
Heh - I hate date arithmetic. Some colleagues and I have agreed to invent a time machine and go back in time and get the calendar constructed in a simple way.
It was off. It also gave me a chance to update it to 10 years :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
It was off. It also gave me a chance to update it to 10 years :)
Noooooooooooo!

mfb said:
Noooooooooooo!
I feel guilty now.

Especially as I still have the trophy...

Greg Bernhardt said:
It's not retroactive :)
Yeah, but mfb joined in 2012...

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Do I get a $50 Starbucks gift card if I cash out all of my trophies?

Zz.

1. What is "The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" about?

"The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" is a science fiction novel that follows the story of a powerful mafia family who has been secretly controlling the world for seven years. The story explores themes of power, corruption, and the consequences of playing God.

2. Who wrote "The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting"?

"The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" was written by renowned science fiction author, Isaac Asimov. Asimov is best known for his works such as "I, Robot" and the "Foundation" series.

3. Is "The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" based on a true story?

No, "The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" is a work of fiction. While it may draw inspiration from real-life events and people, the story is not based on any specific true events or individuals.

4. What scientific concepts are explored in "The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting"?

"The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" delves into concepts such as genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and the consequences of manipulating and controlling the natural world. It also raises ethical questions about the use and abuse of technology.

5. Is "The Godfather: 7 Years and Counting" suitable for all ages?

The book contains mature themes and violence, so it may not be suitable for younger readers. It is recommended for mature audiences and may be better suited for readers over the age of 16.