The Golden Wiener Award for Most Shocking Misidentification: Who Won?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Arlen Specter has come out and said that the Bush administration has violated the law with their warrantless surveillance program. He is calling for hearings to investigate the matter.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Any and all wieners are eligible [except PF wieners of course :uhh: ].

I nominate:

Sen. Arlen Specter; for redefining "moderate" to mean spineless and wishy-washy.

And though my heart goes out to all involved, I have to nominate the county coroner who identified the wrong girl as dead in an auto accident.

VanRyn and Cerak, now 19, were in a van that collided with a tractor-trailer. The coroner's office mistakenly told the families of the two blond college students that Cerak was dead and VanRyn in a coma.

VanRyn's family stayed at Cerak's bedside for weeks, not realizing the young woman was not their daughter until after she regained consciousness. The mix-up was discovered last week. [continued]
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/3944820.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So uhm... can we see the pictures of the bodies the coroner received so that we can make the same judgement you did?

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Sen. Arlen Specter; for redefining "moderate" to mean spineless and wishy-washy.

Can you source this? It doesn't sound like Arlen at all. He's a moderate himself, for that matter.

I don't think the NY times is going to report "leading congressmen redefines 'moderate'"... so i think you'll have some problems finding a source

My comments about Specter covers an array of sins, not the least of which was to try to support changing the Constitution in order to get Arnold S. elected President.

His backstepping on issues of the government spying on citizens is his latest offense.

Btw Pengwuin man, I too hated linear algebra until about the last couple of weeks of the quarter. How are you doing... or do we need to give you a Golden Wiener?

Last edited:
For News I nominate:

Lou Dobbs and Bill Oreilly

(excuse me for one second guys, BARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

I think i can take the silver wiener award on that subject. Someday ill pass this course... someday...

and now off to jury duty... so if anyone talks to me today, expect to be shot.

cyrusabdollahi said:
For News I nominate:

Lou Dobbs and Bill Oreilly

(excuse me for one second guys, BARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A rant a day; that's all we ask!

I they're great as long as they agree with me.

uh oh, I may have to eat my words on Specter...and gladly!

Ivan Seeking said:
His backstepping on issues of the government spying on citizens is his latest offense.

You're mixed up on your senators. Arlen is the most vocal Republican critic of the NSA scandal, perhaps even the most vocal critic from either party (admit it, the Democrats are no louder than purring kittens):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/05/p...296795600&en=54c9b35556530737&ei=5088&partner
WASHINGTON, Feb. 5 — The Republican who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee said today that he believed the Bush administration had violated the law with its warrantless surveillance program and that its legal justifications for the program were "strained and unrealistic."

The program "is in flat violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act," said the chairman, Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, who will open committee hearings on Monday.

I don't have anyone mixed up. Note that tough talk isn't doing anything.

Until today he was washing out, but it seems that Specter if finally doing something - today's letter to the WH.

He still supported changing the Constitution for Arnold though...

Specter is the guy I rest the shattered remains of my hopes on.

As for this:
He still supported changing the Constitution for Arnold though...
...you don't mean that last bit, do you?

I nominate O'Reilly. But I think he'd skip on grounds of insanity.

Gokul43201 said:
...you don't mean that last bit, do you?

Yes, he was right up front. I was shocked!

Ayeeeee, I just checked and it was Hatch, not Specter. I was wrong about that...maybe there is hope...

What are "The Golden Wiener Awards"?

"The Golden Wiener Awards" are an annual ceremony that celebrates and recognizes the achievements of scientists and researchers in the field of hot dog-related studies.

How are the winners of "The Golden Wiener Awards" determined?

The winners of "The Golden Wiener Awards" are determined through a rigorous nomination and voting process by a panel of esteemed judges in the hot dog research community.

What are the categories for "The Golden Wiener Awards"?

The categories for "The Golden Wiener Awards" include Best Hot Dog Discovery, Most Innovative Hot Dog Experiment, Hot Dog of the Year, Best Hot Dog Publication, and Lifetime Achievement in Hot Dog Research.

Who can attend "The Golden Wiener Awards" ceremony?

The ceremony is open to all scientists and researchers in the hot dog field, as well as members of the public who are interested in hot dog research and innovation.

Is there a cash prize for winning "The Golden Wiener Awards"?

No, "The Golden Wiener Awards" is a non-monetary recognition of excellence in hot dog research and does not come with a cash prize. However, winners do receive a trophy in the shape of a golden hot dog.

Back