Are These Just My Feelings or is There Evidence Behind Cosmo Theories?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed various cosmological theories such as general relativity, Hawking radiation, string theory, and M theory. The speaker expressed their personal opinions and feelings about these theories, with general relativity being supported by observational evidence and Hawking radiation lacking evidence. String theory was described as unappealing due to its complexity, while M theory was briefly mentioned with positive and negative aspects attributed to individuals.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Talking about cosmo theories, these are only my feelings and have no scientific basis, but i think it is okay to talk about such things in GD.
To me GR is good, it has a wealth of observational evidence to back it up.
Hawking radiation is bad, there is no evidence for it.
String theory is ugly, it just keeps going.

There is no need to go into detail here just a few words on what you think.

Physics news on Phys.org
What about M Theory?

The good: larkspur, my only basis for this is a closed caption that cracked me up recently and just a feeling I get.

The bad: tough one, I'm going to go with Moonbear. She's just got this hidden evil side that doesn't get seen much, but keeps me awake at night worrying.

The ugly: Artman.

1. What is "The good the bad the ugly" about?

"The good the bad the ugly" is a 1966 Italian Spaghetti Western film directed by Sergio Leone. It follows three gunslingers in a search for a fortune in buried Confederate gold during the American Civil War.

2. Who are the main characters in "The good the bad the ugly"?

The main characters are Blondie (the "good"), Angel Eyes (the "bad"), and Tuco (the "ugly"). They are all gunslingers with different motivations and goals.

3. Is "The good the bad the ugly" historically accurate?

While the film is set during the American Civil War, it is not entirely historically accurate. Some events and details are fictionalized for dramatic effect, and the film does not aim to be a factual representation of the time period.

4. What makes "The good the bad the ugly" a classic?

The film is considered a classic due to its innovative and influential style, iconic characters, and memorable soundtrack. It has also been praised for its cinematography and direction by Sergio Leone.

5. Are there any sequels or remakes of "The good the bad the ugly"?

There is a 1980 sequel titled "The Return of Ringo" which was directed by Duccio Tessari and starred Giuliano Gemma. However, it is not a direct sequel to "The good the bad the ugly". There have also been rumors of a potential remake, but nothing has been officially announced.