The Great Firewall of China

1. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Will China be able to hold back the age of information?

However, I see no way to keep a lid on the internet. Already the Chinese find themselves in a race to keep ahead of technology that bypasses Chinese filters. And there are additional pressures as well.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/asia/jan-june06/china_4-18.html

2. jcsd
  3. Pengwuino

Pengwuino 7,118
    Gold Member

If the Chinese government is anything like ours, they won't be able to keep up with technology and hackers.

4. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

That could be fun. :biggrin:

Something to look forward to the next time I go to China. :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  5. -Job-

-Job- 1,132
    Science Advisor

It would be terribly easy to "frame" someone then. :smile:

6. Of cource not.I wonder if the goverment is hireing hackers to destroy the great firewall of china.Weren't trying to recurit hackers defcon?

7. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,539
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's good to know that you find humor in oppression.

8. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

It's a way to fight the system. I am sure the authorities would be really pissed.

It is better to be subtle and maneuver under their radar screen, rather than direct confrontation.

9. This is why China is moving away from the IETF DNS specification's and will implement its own root domains. Right Now China has to allow everything and then block what they dont want joe blogs to see. When they implement there own dns roots they can block everything and allow what they want joe blogs to see... It will more or less "Break" the internet, and sandbox China...

10. What about satelites? They are illegal for private use in China too, but widespread. I would like to know how to use satelites for internet connection.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?