The Great Melting Day in Oslo - Spring is Here!

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Melting
In summary, the icicles from the roofs are finally yielding, and there is a constant dribbling down the walls, with the occasional, hazardous crash when a bigger piece of ice breaks off and smashes into the pavement. Spring is coming! Crocodiles are beautiful! The weather is warming up, and there is hope that it will stay that way.
turbo-1 said:
I've got a new Softail - cashed in the Road King because it was just too big and my wife and I don't tour. The Softail and a set of leather bags suits us better.

Yeah, our winter has been really warm too, and most of January and February there was little or no snow on the ground here. If this keeps up, snowmobiles will be selling for a dime on the dollar.

Yeah my dad sold our snowmobile a long time ago for that very reason, not enough snow anymore. Softails are beautiful bikes, I still remember the springer softail my dad had, I loved it. He just recently sold his electraglide because it was just so big and the heat nearly killed him on a hot day from the big fairing. Right now he actually has a triumph, it's a cool bike but nothing I'd really want. I love the looks of that new Streetbob.

Physics news on Phys.org
scorpa said:
Yeah my dad sold our snowmobile a long time ago for that very reason, not enough snow anymore. Softails are beautiful bikes, I still remember the springer softail my dad had, I loved it. He just recently sold his electraglide because it was just so big and the heat nearly killed him on a hot day from the big fairing. Right now he actually has a triumph, it's a cool bike but nothing I'd really want. I love the looks of that new Streetbob.
Yeah, with the Softail front-end you've got the Wide-glide front end, and a very trim rear end. I should never have sold my '85 Wide-glide - it had an EVO3 cam, A S&S carb that was apart on my kitchen table many times, and some head-work from the best (Brockton-based) customizer in NE. That bike would scream.

turbo-1 said:
Yeah, with the Softail front-end you've got the Wide-glide front end, and a very trim rear end. I should never have sold my '85 Wide-glide - it had an EVO3 cam, A S&S carb that was apart on my kitchen table many times, and some head-work from the best (Brockton-based) customizer in NE.

I love Wideglides! Sounds like yours was a cool bike. I can't wait until I have the money for one of my own...but unfortunately that will be awhile. Poor me...haha. I do have a summer job prospect at a bike dealership though so that will be awesome if that works out.

Ughh we just got a foot of snow and its still going out there.