Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Great Panjandrum

1. Mar 17, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

An interesting if not comical bit of war history.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

Well, there is a lot to be said for adequately testing a concept - particularly separate components - before testing a system! :rofl:

Perhaps they should have mounted the wheels on something immovable first to see if the rockets and the resulting angular momentum would provide a stable trajectory. :rolleyes:

But then again - “To a Mouse,” by Robert Burns: “The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men / Gang aft a-gley.”
  4. Mar 18, 2006 #3

Staff: Mentor

That's hilarious, thanks Ivan!
  5. May 17, 2008 #4

Gold Member

As I always say (being blatantly plageristic), 'The best laid plans, and vice versa, never work out.' :devil:
    One of my favourite street-fighting weapons that I invented several decades ago luckily falls into the 'unused' category. It was a chainsaw blade attached to the end of a VW torsion bar with a Heim joint. Simple whiplash stroke to wrap it around someone's neck, and give it a pull... (Well, those of you who somehow think that I'm a nice guy despite my name are overdue for a reality check. :tongue:)
  6. May 17, 2008 #5
    I very nearly spat coffee all over my monitor :rofl:
  7. May 18, 2008 #6

Leave a bunch of em in a room with a button marked "DO NOT PUSH" and you would have to run to get a stop watch in time.

Learn from others mistakes. Who has time to make them all yourself.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?