Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Great Pyramid of Giza

1. Jul 5, 2005 #1

I have a great deal of confidence in the ancient Egyptians, but not this much. I'm sure that some of these facts must be exaggerated, but I'm not much of a debunker. Some help would be appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2005 #2

James R

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Let's see...

Most likely, the pyramids were built by citizens of Egypt, not slaves.

The Pyramid of Giza is not the oldest pyramid in Egypt.

Not with the naked eye. And I think you'd need a fairly big telescope.

This is a bit of a stretch. It depends where you want to put your "land axes".

It's made of huge lumps of stone, and it HAS suffered some crumbling.

Not sure about this one, but I have my doubts.

None of this is necessarily true.

I don't think the quoted six-figure accuracy is correct.

If you look hard enough for numerical relationships like this, you'll be able to find as many as you want, in any structure you care to name. The Great Pyramid is not special in this regard.

There's no real evidence which forces us to that conclusion.
  4. Jul 6, 2005 #3
    another link with great details

It is as complex as they say it is. But I'm sure it was built by man
  5. Jul 6, 2005 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

OK, the first question should be, what aspect of that particular pyramid defies a conventional explanation? Physical evidence is what leads to the question of 'how the heck did they do that'? The 'apparent' complexity is a straw man. The dumbing down of mankind since that time is not a very satisfactory explanation. If we used to be so brilliant [home grown, or courtesy of ET] where are the 'artifacts'? Were they so wise as to destroy all evidence we had been 'visited' lest we destroy ourselves having been exposed to such knowledge?
  6. Jul 6, 2005 #5
    Thank you all for your help.

Perhaps the Egyptians were just really good builders. I mean, it's not like ancient civilisations were totally inept or anything.
  7. Jul 6, 2005 #6

All the stones are corroded, after those millennia. How can anyone measure such precisions in corroded material?
    Again, how do they have such precise measurements in corroded material?
    Besides, there is no such coincidence. The approximate value of π/4, found by dividing the height by half of the side is due to the way Egyptians measured angles. For a more complete explanation look at this site.
    And who says that the Egyptians used english measurements? If you use the metric system there is no such coincidence. And if the Egyptians had a knowledge of the world allowing them to locate the pyramid at the exact center of the lands mass, they should have used a measuring system based on Earth's circumference and not on the finger of a British king.
  8. Jul 7, 2005 #7
    On the north side, below the sand, there are a few dozen intact casing stones which are in fantastic condition.
    The interior stones are not corroded either.

When Discovery sent a crew to try and make a mini pyramid, they went to the local quarries, where the stone cutters reprodused the same precision cuts.
  9. Jul 16, 2005 #8
    "According to common perception they were built, with the begrudging help of great armies of slaves, by the ancient pharaohs of Egypt as tombs for preserving their royal bodies. Pyramids were meant to be monuments to the pharaoh's greatness, filled with great treasures for the afterlife."

This is not right. The pyramids were built by the Egyptians as a way to pass on knowledge to the future and to venerate the.....greatness of human beings.

If you needed to pass on information to the future, maybe 1000 years or more, how do you do it? If you write books they can be destroyed. If you tell stories, the language can change and no one can understand it anymore. If you build a huge structure out of solid rock, that is about the best that an ancient peoples could do for making something impervious to time. It worked. We still see the pyramids today.

The pyramids were build to pass on the information to the future that there is a pyramid inside of your body. If you find this pyramid and make it strong, you will be a superior human being. Maybe they didn't want to pass the information on and just built the pyramid because it represents power to those human beings that can find it. If you can find this pyramid inside of you and strengthen it, you will be better than everyone else. Strong enough to take power. Political, military, religious, whatever turns you on.

I personally think the human race is devolving. I think that back in the time of the Egyptians, this knowledge was probably widespread and common. There were probably enough people that understood the Pyramid is a source of power that they could have an entire religion or society devoted to the shape.
  10. Jul 16, 2005 #9

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2015 Award

There is one vote for the dumbing down of humanity.
  11. Jul 16, 2005 #10
    The engineers were egyptians, the builders were egyptians, but at that time it was true that egyptians had slaves, but they were slaves, they did the physical work, i donno what kind fo work they ahd to do, it's so unclear how they managed to build such a thing...

But one thing i'm sure of, the engineers, the ones who knew how and why they did it, were egyptians, cause they were built on the basis of egyptian convictions, egyptians have always been constructing fancy tombs which contains their treasures and whatever that reserves their bodies to the glory of the next life...

The slaves according to my info, were israel's population and they didn't have the same convictions, they were different and they wouldn't even think of such a construction...
    Plus the israeli led a simple life, like many other populations by the time, unlike ancient egyptians, who had expressed their greatness and knowledge in many things not just the pyramids...

And so the idea is purely egyptian, the engineers were egyptians and maybe maybe there were slaves doin the physical work..But since we donno how it was constructed from the 1st place we can't tell how it was built...

My historical info, says that Egyptians were secret keepers, they didn't spread their secrets to anyone, since all was written on papers of papyrus, and hieroglyph was hard to decode even for people who were livin by the time...

When the seleucid , pheniciens, roman, greek, jewish or isreali empires started to shine, egyptians were already loosing their former powers, and their alphabet their language were hard to decode still, and they lost their advantage when the byblos and what the greek improved to be the usable alphabet appeared...

It's known for a long time, that egyptians had their lead long before anyone, while others led a simple ignorant life, the egyptians were shining with power and knowledge, they had an amazing understanding for sciences...

Their secrets are burried with them, untill now it's hard to figure out whatever thye did and how they did it...But if these techniques were common, why there was nothing as great anywhere else..(referring to the same time) and if it was known for other, i'm sure we would have tons of manuscripts that are telling us how these things were done...

But it was a secret..Yet unrevealed.
  12. Jul 16, 2005 #11
    I don't agree people don't know about it today. There are lots of people that understand there is a pyramid inside of your body. You don't here them talking about it because if everyone knows the secrets of power, the competition for the good jobs just became much harder.

Did you ever notice this on a dollar bill?

Why is that picture constructed the way it is? What message was the designer trying to impart?

The relevance to there being a pyramid inside of your body as I claim is the eye. An eye is a human thing. Why is a human thing on an inanimate object like the stone pyramids?

Maybe the stone pyramid is a representation that everyone can see of an effect within the body that is invisible to the untrained eye?
  13. Jul 16, 2005 #12
    I wasn't talking about that one, i was talking about the technology they used...To move such heavy stones on the top of each other for ex, how they mummified their deads for ex...
  14. Jul 16, 2005 #13

The pyramid on the dollar bill.....if you notice it's not complete. It was meant to signify the building of a new nation. The all seeing eye at the top signifys divinity, that with gods help we can build the greatest nation ever (one nation under god). Also the west side of the pyramid is in the dark or shadows. This represents the unexplored western US.

Maybe you should take the pyramid out from under your bed. I think the point may be creating a pressure point blocking oxygen to your brain? :tongue2:
  15. Jul 16, 2005 #14

Most modern historians think that the pyramids were built by free labourers and not by slaves. The idea that israelites were slaves has no other source than the Bible. To my knowledge there are no egyptian documents supporting this theory.
    Egyptian kings have always built tombs for themselves. The more ancient were not pyramids. From some time on they started building pyramids. The first ones were somewhat small and very simple. As egyptian engineers and architects learned from their predecessors they started building more and more sophisticated monuments, but there is nothing esoteric in them. They are proof of human ingenuity.
  16. Jul 16, 2005 #15
    1st what made modern historians think it was free labourers?? While most of the ancient world historians thought there were dlaves at the time...2nd bible isn't a book of legendary stories, historical events there r true...
    3rd it's not very important if they were free labourers or slaves, it's not them who developped the technology necessary for that.

Not all tombs were pyramids, that's true, it started by the like of the Saqqara pyramid, the stones were on the form of squares, the area of one is less than its precedent...

Others tried to imitate such a thing, in the area of il guiza itself, there r many small pyramids not only the great 3, but these are constructed of small stones, it wasn't a problem.

And it's not like all the later tombs were pyramids, it's just a symbol...

Edit: these small one weren't necessarely built before the big ones, specially when u know that some of them belong to people who had high ranks but not as great as the other kings..

They also say that some Pharaohs didn't like the idea of a pyramid, because they felt it was too exposed, they made their best to make sure that no one will ever succeed to find the tomb and violate it...
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  17. Jul 17, 2005 #16

I hoped with a name like physics forums I would avoid the type of people that inhabit Yahoo forums.

You seem awful certain the picture was meant to signify the building of a new nation. Why is that? Is that what you read? Why do you believe what you read? Because the guy was an expert? That is an awful lot of trust in people you do not know.

The eye on the pyramid represents the third eye of a human being. The proportions of the pyramid are close enough so that if you superimpose the pyramid onto a human body, the eye on the pyramid is right where the third eye of a human being is. Like this.

18. Jul 17, 2005 #17

Yes unfortunately for you you have stumbled into a science based forum. Maybe you were looking for the science fiction forums? You seem to think that I should take your word on this...are you an expert? I don't know you so how is your opinion any more valid than mine?

Maybe you should start your own thread on how the pineal gland is really a third eye and tell us what it does and how it works. I have read what the experts have to say on it, but maybe you can prove them all wrong. Please enlighten us on how this "pyramid in the body" functions and present some factual data or experimental proof, as I'm likely not to believe so called experts now based on your advice..... :rolleyes:
  19. Jul 17, 2005 #18

Gold Member

The Egypcians themselves help to the mistery by not showing to the tourists the tenths of *earlier* fallen pyramids, which didn't stand the pass of time; actually some of them were already down in the ancient age. An engineer should welcome such view of the history of architecture, but tourists prefer the mystery.
  20. Jul 17, 2005 #19
    Arrivero, i'm sorry but i didn't understand what u exactly wanted to say...Thank u.
  21. Jul 18, 2005 #20

Stumbled huh? You spying on me and see me stumble? ;) It felt to me like I walked normally into a forums clearly labled physics forums.

No. I am no expert. Just an average joe like everyone else. My opinion is more valid because it is my opinion. You are parroting something someone else told you. You did nothing on your own but take instruction from another. I thought my idea thru on my own two feet.

Why would I write that pineal gland stuff? Sounds like you know it all already. I don't know if I can prove those experts wrong or not. You would have to tell me what they said first. I may not know if I don't think it is important.

How does a pyramid in a body function? That is a hard one. What exactly is it you are asking? A pyramid is a very stable object right? Big flat rectangle on the ground. Much more stable than two small feet.

You can roll your eyes all you want. I doesn't matter too much if you believe me. I would like you to but if you don't it is your loss not mine. I heard what you have to say and honestly it seems kind of useless. What good is knowing the symbol signifies building a new nation? I am a person, not a nation. That fact is about as useful as a nail in the foot.

On the other hand? Knowing there is a pyramid inside of me, I can become a very powerful person. Physically, mentally, psychicly, socially. I can use my knowledge to diagnose illness, size up an opponent in a contest or determine the abilites of a person I might want to have a relationship with.

I will agree with you a little bit on something you said. You said the eye signified Divinity. I might go along with that. Some religions feel a person with an activated third eye is divine. After all, they are better than a person who has not activated their third eye.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?