The GREAT thread of riddleness

  • Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • #1
JamesU
Gold Member
766
3
The GREAT thread of riddleness!!!

I've got an idea, not a good one, but here goes:

I'll post a logic problem/riddle here. Whoever answers it correctly gets to post another logic problem/riddle, the person who answers that one gets to post the next and so on.

The police found a dead body in an office. It looked like a scuicide, the victim had shot himself in the head. There's a note that says to listen to the tape. There's a tape recorder on the deask, a tape inside. the police pres "play" and listen to it. they hear the man's voice- "my life is a mess, I can't take it" then they hear a gunshot. The police knew it was a murder, but how?

kinda easy. the answer is right in the paragraph
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
2
0
It's not a suicide

He did not commit suicide somebody killed him...bec.of the recorder, who rewind it if he committed suicide. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
  • #3
1,031
16
The problem with this 'contest' is that anyone can post a riddle anytime they want.
 
Last edited:
  • #4
8
0
What if the person who answers doesn't post/doesn't know a riddle? Does that mean that we can post a riddle instead of him?
 
  • #5
2
0
yomamma said:
I've got an idea, not a good one, but here goes:

I'll post a logic problem/riddle here. Whoever answers it correctly gets to post another logic problem/riddle, the person who answers that one gets to post the next and so on.

The police found a dead body in an office. It looked like a scuicide, the victim had shot himself in the head. There's a note that says to listen to the tape. There's a tape recorder on the deask, a tape inside. the police pres "play" and listen to it. they hear the man's voice- "my life is a mess, I can't take it" then they hear a gunshot. The police knew it was a murder, but how?

kinda easy. the answer is right in the paragraph
"...the police press "play" and listen to it..."
"...-''my life is a mess,I can't take it'' then they hear a gunshot"

The policeman must have asked himself who had turned off the tape recorder
than?
 
  • #6
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
How do you know the gunshot you heard on the tape was the gunshot which killed the man?
 
  • #7
Icebreaker
The police pressed PLAY, yet did not REWIND. If the man really did kill himself, then he couldn't have rewinded the tape for the police to listen.
 
  • #8
239
0
i guess all of you got it ??? yomama ?
 
  • #9
239
0
i guess all of you got it ??? yomamma ?
 
  • #10
JamesU
Gold Member
766
3
someone just post one
 
  • #11
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
Icebreaker said:
The police pressed PLAY, yet did not REWIND. If the man really did kill himself, then he couldn't have rewinded the tape for the police to listen.
1) Man fires a shot which is recorded on tape
2) Man stops tape and rewinds it.
3) Man kills himself with a second shot
 
  • #12
Icebreaker
The question did not give indication that there were multiple shots fired.
 
  • #13
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
The question was about how they could KNOW that a murder had been committed.
They can't..
 
  • #14
JamesU
Gold Member
766
3
Yoy guys got the answer I was looking for, arildno, you have the honor of giving the next riddle :rolleyes:
 
  • #15
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
moi???
Oh dear, riddle piddle, middle..I've got to think about this..
 
  • #16
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
Oh well, just to get this off my chest:

A man lives in an apartment at 10th floor, and each morning, he takes the elevator down and goes to work.
But, returning from work, he always walks the stairs rather than using the elevator.
Why is that?
 
  • #17
48
1
Umm, in white He's too short to reach the button?
 
  • #18
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
icvotria has the honour of posting the next riddle..
 
  • #19
48
1
Bill and Bob are twins. Bill was born 45 mins before Bob, but the birth certificates show that Bob was born 15 mins before Bill. The birth certificates are accurate. How could this be?
 
  • #20
463
7
The clocks went back one hour sometime after Bob was born. 15 minutes later Bill was born.
 
  • #21
JamesU
Gold Member
766
3
Icvotria? did huckleberry get it right? huh? HUH!?
 
  • #22
48
1
Yep, he did. Sorry it took me so long to reply! Huckleberry's go.
 
  • #23
463
7
How would you rearrange the letters in the words "New Door" to make one word?
 
  • #24
222
0
Huckleberry said:
How would you rearrange the letters in the words "New Door" to make one word?

Answer:

"one word"

As far as how that's done... well... just take the "n" and move it to... etc.... voila! You now have "one word"
 
  • #25
463
7
Yeah, that's right. I didn't know any good ones. Okay, your turn.
 

Related Threads on The GREAT thread of riddleness

Replies
17
Views
4K
M
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
8
Views
2K
M
  • Last Post
2
Replies
43
Views
29K
  • Last Post
Replies
21
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
4K
A
  • Last Post
2
Replies
26
Views
3K
  • Last Post
30
Replies
727
Views
157K
Replies
2
Views
803
Top