The greatest love of all

For whom or what would you sacrifice your life?

I believe that few of us will face a situation where we would willingly and overtly give up our lives, yet each of us has many years of potential sacrifice for service to others.

Answers and Replies

nautica
My 3 children for sure.

Nautica

I would sacrifice my life for truth. And for the weaker people that need help and are threatened by death.

Njorl
Science Advisor
My kids, and (I hope she doesn't read this) probably my wife.

I usually don't put much stock in hypothetical situations, but the feelings I've had when my kids have been in even the slightest danger have been so strong I don't have any doubt. I've never experienced that kind of overwhelming need. I never believed that something inside could take over like that and just push my rational mind aside.

Njorl

first off, i am a pacifist. i trust that i would not attract violence into my world.

under any circumstances, if i felt the need to protect, defend anyone or resist injustice i would jump in and risk my life. again, there must be this intuitive, gut feeling that what i am doing is important and important enough to risk my life.

now, should we kill to do the same?????

peace,

For development of my country. And for my parents and family

MS
Originally posted by olde drunk

now, should we kill to do the same?????

peace,

If a man was holding a gun to my childs head and I had the chance to kill him and save my childs life I would.

Should I?
should [ shÇÉd, shəd ] (2nd person present singular shouldst (archaic)) CORE MEANING: modal verb indicating that something is the right thing for somebody to do
Depends on what I think is the right thing to do.
Personally I think that is the right thing to do.
Then again what is right?

For Ireland and for that knowledge without wisdom is nothing worth. For bread in the morning, for fre thoughts and free speech.

nothing, i will not put someones life above mine or the other way around. But i will try to save someone even if it means putting myself in harms way. But if it counts i never intended to die trying and make it a sacrifice.

Originally posted by Loren Booda

for somebody who will sacrifice his life for me...

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
for somebody who will sacrifice his life for me...
I'll volounteer( ), but only if you go first...

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
I'll volounteer( ), but only if you go first...

nah, let's do-it alphabetically. First Parsons then Threepwood

Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
nah, let's do-it alphabetically. First Parsons then Threepwood
Uhmm hows about First 'Guy' then 'Robin' Huh...

I have never really felt that I would sacrifice my life for anyone. I never felt that level of commitment(hey, I'm a guy- what did you expect?;)

But my daughter changed all that. If it came down to me living or her, I would want her to survive. I don't think I could live with myself if I let her die.