1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Greiner Series.

1. Jan 6, 2005 #1
    Does anyone have any experience with the Greiner series, specifically his introductory Quantum text ? I have heard it being touted as the new Landau and was wondering if the series is undergraduate friendly. I am well aware that there are quite a few typos (supposably corrected in later editions) but the prospect of examples worked out in their entirety is rather appealing.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 6, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No,they cannot be compared with the L-L series,for thousands of reasons.They are good books,right now i have the SM course on my desk and probably will use it for the SM exam.
    They're pretty advanced,i don't know what u mean by "undergraduate friendly".But for QM & QFT i'm sure there are dozens of better books.

4. Jan 7, 2005 #3
    By undergraduate friendly, I mean something that can be read and understood, to some extent, by an undergraduate. Specifically and undergraduate who is going to be enrolled in a QM course.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?