Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The grip of force gauges

  1. Nov 13, 2013 #1
    I use this type of force tester: http://www.qualityforcegauges.com/force-gauges/
    I’d like to ask you how I can replace some accesories to force gauges. I mean what type of tools (grip) I can use instead of chrome vise grip?. I need use some grip to make an analysis of materials strength (like a leather, jeans etc.) for my study but I don’t have any idea what type of device use to grip materials with fore gauge. Have you any idea?
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2013 #2

    In viewing their website, it seems that the company that makes your force gauge sells a variety of accessories. I would look at the C-clamp or even Roller Grip if that would work. I believe I have seen others use this brand, Torbal, with a test stand too. Hope this helps! :)

    Heres' the subpage I found http://www.torbalscales.com/industrial/force-gauges/test-stand-attachments.html [Broken]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook