Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Hardest IQ test I've found on the net so far

1. Jul 12, 2004 #1
    Go here: http://www.iqtest.sk/

Be warned. They're hard. Really hard.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They don't make sense.

I'm looking at the "mathematical" ones, and all I see are lists of numbers and boxes. Are they series?
  4. Jul 13, 2004 #3
    hmm... i stopped after this:

"On February 28th at 19 o'clock you set the mechanical alarm-clock at 8 o'clock in the morning and go to bed. How many hours will you sleep, if we suppose that you fall asleep immediately after setting the alarm-clock?"

i'm not sure if this is due to me leaning towards british english over US english... but do i set the clock at 8 o'clock or do i set it to 8 o'clock?... and i often oversleep my alarmclock by 5-6 minutes... and it's not enough to just set the time, you also have to actually enable the alarm... did i do that? and why does he even bother trying to trick us with the feb. 28th data? is he luring us to think it is important? or is that just a trick? maybe he knows that we'd consider it to be a trick, but it's not, and the folding of the entire sharwarma depends on us finding out...

as you see... way to many questions and too few answers... :D nobody in their rigth mind would ever finish such a test...
  5. Aug 8, 2004 #4
    If it's mechanical you only sleep for an hour becuase mechanical clocks can't differ between am and pm.
  6. Aug 9, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, I think you set a clock to 8 o' clock but you set the alarm for 8 o' clock.

When you use 'at', you are talking about the time when you set the clock/alarm.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?