Do you have a heart of reason?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the conversation is about taking a test to determine one's emotional response to heartbreak. The test is called "Heart of Reason" and measures variables such as sorrow, wrath, forgetfulness, and reason. The results show that those who scored high in reason are able to forgive and forget and move on, while those who scored high in sorrow or forgetfulness may struggle with dwelling on the past. The conversation also includes personal experiences and reactions to the test results.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Since we've had so many broken hearts lately, I thought this might be a good test to take.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=4620603987766501388

Heart of Reason

You scored 33% sorrow, 13% wrath, 60% forgetfulness, and 60% reason!

"Live and let live, what's done is done."

You are a person who is able to forgive and forget, and then move on. You don't like to dwell on the past. Yet, this may have something to do with the fact that your emotions aren't really strong in the first place. Either way, you can get on with your life as if nothing happened. Sometimes, however, it is better to reflect on your past. You may yet be put into a situation where your emotions will be stronger and you will be unable to reason with them.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 33% on sorrow

You scored higher than 0% on wrath

You scored higher than 33% on forgetfulness

You scored higher than 33% on reason

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Heart of Reason
You scored 26% sorrow, 13% wrath, 53% forgetfulness, and 60% reason!

You are a person who is able to forgive and forget, and then move on. You don't like to dwell on the past. Yet, this may have something to do with the fact that your emotions aren't really strong in the first place. Either way, you can get on with your life as if nothing happened. Sometimes, however, it is better to reflect on your past. You may yet be put into a situatin where your emotions will be stronger and you will be unable to reason with them.

I'm apparently a bleeding heart, but I think that's because I don't consider it breaking my heart unless I've really fallen deeply in love with someone before they break up, so answered from that perspective. Just regular break-ups and getting turned down are nothing notable, but if I factored that into my answers, it would probably be a pretty different result. *shrugs*

Bleeding Heart
You scored 60% sorrow, 13% wrath, 46% forgetfulness, and 46% reason!
"What becomes of me now...?"

All that remains after a heartbreak is sadness, you are falling apart. You are likely to lapse into a heavy depression, thinking over and over what you did wrong, why it had to be this way, and what you can do now that you lost everything you had. You can't forget, and will probably dwell on it for quite a while. This can be harmful to your mental as well as physical health, so try to find anything that could pull you out of mourning.

Dreamer Heart
46% sorrow, 40% wrath, 60% forgetfulness, and 46% reason!

"...and once you sleep it through, it disappears..."

Heart of Reason
You scored 40% sorrow, 40% wrath, 73% forgetfulness, and 53% reason!

You scored higher than 99% on sorrow

You scored higher than 99% on wrath

You scored higher than 99% on forgetfulness

You scored higher than 99% on reason :bugeye:

I'm surprised that the sisters scored LOW on wrath

I flunked this one. I can't remember the score cos I was waiting for others to post, but I got something like 60% sorrow and 57% reason and 0 on the other two which means I'm stuck perpetually between abject misery and attempting to find out what went wrong.

Oh well look on the brightside at least I'll never forget or get revenge. :rolleyes:

yomamma said:
I'm surprised that the sisters scored LOW on wrath
That's because we take our wrath out on the unsuspecting here. :devil:

Heart of Reason
You scored 20% sorrow, 33% wrath, 73% forgetfulness, and 93% reason!

You are a person who is able to forgive and forget, and then move on. You don't like to dwell on the past. Yet, this may have something to do with the fact that your emotions aren't really strong in the first place. Either way, you can get on with your life as if nothing happened. Sometimes, however, it is better to reflect on your past. You may yet be put into a situatin where your emotions will be stronger and you will be unable to reason with them.

What is "The Heartbroken Test"?

"The Heartbroken Test" is a research study designed to measure the emotional response of individuals who have recently experienced a romantic breakup. It involves participants completing a series of questionnaires and activities to assess their feelings of sadness, anger, and distress.

How can I participate in "The Heartbroken Test"?

Participation in "The Heartbroken Test" is typically limited to individuals who have recently gone through a romantic breakup. Researchers may recruit participants through various methods, such as online advertisements or through support groups for heartbroken individuals. If you are interested in participating, you can contact the researchers for more information.

What is the purpose of "The Heartbroken Test"?

The purpose of "The Heartbroken Test" is to better understand the emotional experience of individuals going through a romantic breakup. The results of the study can help researchers and therapists develop effective strategies for managing and coping with the pain of heartbreak.

Is "The Heartbroken Test" a reliable and valid measure?

Yes, "The Heartbroken Test" is a scientifically validated measure that has been used in numerous research studies. The questionnaire has been tested for reliability and validity, meaning that it consistently measures what it is intended to measure and produces consistent results over time.

What are the potential benefits of participating in "The Heartbroken Test"?

Participating in "The Heartbroken Test" may not have immediate benefits, but it can contribute to the greater understanding of romantic breakups and potentially help others going through similar experiences. Additionally, participants may gain personal insight into their emotional state and coping mechanisms, which can aid in their healing process.