Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Heartbroken Test

1. Jul 9, 2006 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Since we've had so many broken hearts lately, I thought this might be a good test to take.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=4620603987766501388

Heart of Reason

You scored 33% sorrow, 13% wrath, 60% forgetfulness, and 60% reason!

"Live and let live, what's done is done."

You are a person who is able to forgive and forget, and then move on. You don't like to dwell on the past. Yet, this may have something to do with the fact that your emotions aren't really strong in the first place. Either way, you can get on with your life as if nothing happened. Sometimes, however, it is better to reflect on your past. You may yet be put into a situation where your emotions will be stronger and you will be unable to reason with them.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 33% on sorrow

You scored higher than 0% on wrath

You scored higher than 33% on forgetfulness

You scored higher than 33% on reason

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Heart of Reason
    You scored 26% sorrow, 13% wrath, 53% forgetfulness, and 60% reason!

You are a person who is able to forgive and forget, and then move on. You don't like to dwell on the past. Yet, this may have something to do with the fact that your emotions aren't really strong in the first place. Either way, you can get on with your life as if nothing happened. Sometimes, however, it is better to reflect on your past. You may yet be put into a situatin where your emotions will be stronger and you will be unable to reason with them.

4. Jul 9, 2006 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm apparently a bleeding heart, but I think that's because I don't consider it breaking my heart unless I've really fallen deeply in love with someone before they break up, so answered from that perspective. Just regular break-ups and getting turned down are nothing notable, but if I factored that into my answers, it would probably be a pretty different result. *shrugs*

Bleeding Heart
    You scored 60% sorrow, 13% wrath, 46% forgetfulness, and 46% reason!
    "What becomes of me now...?"

All that remains after a heartbreak is sadness, you are falling apart. You are likely to lapse into a heavy depression, thinking over and over what you did wrong, why it had to be this way, and what you can do now that you lost everything you had. You can't forget, and will probably dwell on it for quite a while. This can be harmful to your mental as well as physical health, so try to find anything that could pull you out of mourning.

5. Jul 9, 2006 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Dreamer Heart
    46% sorrow, 40% wrath, 60% forgetfulness, and 46% reason!

"...and once you sleep it through, it disappears..."

6. Jul 9, 2006 #5

Lisa!

Gold Member

Heart of Reason
    You scored 40% sorrow, 40% wrath, 73% forgetfulness, and 53% reason!

You scored higher than 99% on sorrow

You scored higher than 99% on wrath

You scored higher than 99% on forgetfulness

You scored higher than 99% on reason :bugeye:

7. Jul 9, 2006 #6

JamesU

Gold Member

I'm surprised that the sisters scored LOW on wrath

8. Jul 9, 2006 #7

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I flunked this one. I can't remember the score cos I was waiting for others to post, but I got something like 60% sorrow and 57% reason and 0 on the other two which means I'm stuck perpetually between abject misery and attempting to find out what went wrong.

Oh well look on the brightside at least I'll never forget or get revenge. :rolleyes:

9. Jul 9, 2006 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That's because we take our wrath out on the unsuspecting here. :devil:

10. Jul 9, 2006 #9

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Heart of Reason
    You scored 20% sorrow, 33% wrath, 73% forgetfulness, and 93% reason!

You are a person who is able to forgive and forget, and then move on. You don't like to dwell on the past. Yet, this may have something to do with the fact that your emotions aren't really strong in the first place. Either way, you can get on with your life as if nothing happened. Sometimes, however, it is better to reflect on your past. You may yet be put into a situatin where your emotions will be stronger and you will be unable to reason with them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?